NEOWISE With Airplane 7/17/20

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

12" parks miror

Started by moonwatchingferret, 03/24/2012 01:16AM
Posted 03/24/2012 01:16AM Opening Post
I am trying to figure out what to do with my parks 12"mirror its signed Clemente it needs a redcoat i had it coated once before from an optical company i worked for its siting in my apartment gathering dust i cant afford a mount if anyone knows of a mount that's near free im looking for an old cave or ds 16 equatorial, if i sell it i wont be able to rafford to replace unless i get a real good job i think the mirror goes for around 1500 i bought it for much less if anybody can give me a good idea of what its worth or if you might be interested send me an email @ rueck.joseph3@gmail.com this mirror is a planet killer i still swear i saw the comet that slammed Jupiter b4 it was discovered i thought it was an edge on galaxy near Jupiter i bought the mirror from scope city back in the late 80s
Posted 03/24/2012 12:14PM #1
joseph rueck said:

I am trying to figure out what to do with my parks 12"mirror its signed Clemente it needs a redcoat i had it coated once before from an optical company i worked for its siting in my apartment gathering dust i cant afford a mount if anyone knows of a mount that's near free im looking for an old cave or ds 16 equatorial, if i sell it i wont be able to rafford to replace unless i get a real good job i think the mirror goes for around 1500 i bought it for much less if anybody can give me a good idea of what its worth or if you might be interested send me an email @ rueck.joseph3@gmail.com this mirror is a planet killer i still swear i saw the comet that slammed Jupiter b4 it was discovered i thought it was an edge on galaxy near Jupiter i bought the mirror from scope city back in the late 80s

Build a simple Dobsonian tube and mount for it. That will, if done right, prove better methinks than an old timey GEM.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/