Celestron SP-C6

Started by Morgan, 12/09/2003 04:03PM
Posted 12/09/2003 04:03PM Opening Post
Has anyone out there successfully modified an SP-C6 ota and replaced the sliding focusser with a normal focusser? If you've done so using the original ota I'd like to talk.

Thanks,

Morgan
Posted 12/11/2003 11:32PM #1
Just curious, but why do you want to reinvent the wheel on the SP-C6? I have one and love it. It was my 1st 'real' scope and I still use it even though I have other bigger ones. (I'm currently doing the H400 in mine just to prove a point and I'm 179 objects into the list with the C6).

David W.
Posted 12/18/2003 10:02PM #2
I would like to know the specifications for the little spur gear inside the SP-C6's sliding focuser. Our club's SP-C6 loaner scope has been missing its focus knob and gear for a long time, and I can't find a replacement anywhere (Vixen NA wants a lot of money for a replacement focuser). I am going to try to fabricate one, but it would help if I could get the gear's dimensions, rather than relying solely on my measurements of the rack gear and bushing.

Thanks,

Michael Mills

Posted 08/12/2010 03:19AM #3
Morgan--

I know that this is an old post, but did you ever manage to swap out the sled focuser for another? I have the Vixen R150S, and I'd really like to mount a larger 2" rack and pinion Moonlight or Featherlight focuser on it, but wonder if this is even possible. Does anyone have experience in upgrading the focuser on this scope?