My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

PROTOSTAR

Started by candrzej, 10/31/2009 02:09PM
Posted 10/31/2009 02:09PM Opening Post
Hello to all

I'm French and I ordered some stuff last September (Spider vans and secondary holder)to Protostar
I'm still wainting for this items now, the last contact I receive from Bryan was in September. I sent through October some additionnal requests to him but no answer so far.

Did somebody still have problems with that company, or is it normal to have such delays to receive such goods??

thanks for your help

Christian
Posted 10/31/2009 09:31PM | Edited 10/31/2009 09:36PM #1
I ordered a 4" diagonal from Protostar on July 24th, Christian (I'm in Canada); and was told then the lead time was about four weeks. I next emailed Bryan on September 21st to say I'd noticed my credit card had been charged for the full amount (US $313.33) on August 23rd, but I'd not received the order. He replied that since they're custom-made parts, they charge when they begin construction, and that they were about 75% completed on it but were waiting on some new 4.00" mirror shroud stampings to arrive from a vendor. He said he expected them within a week, then they'd be mailing it out to me. As of today, nothing yet.

I had a similar experience years ago when I ordered a 3.1" diagonal assembly from them. Patience was a virtue then, as it is now, I guess. wink Their parts are, however, of excellent quality, in my view ... but the long wait is inconvenient.

Randy.