Are you sitting down? You are going to like this!!

Started by StarDudeAstronomy, 04/23/2014 08:47PM
Posted 04/23/2014 08:47PM Opening Post
Hello everyone!

You are in for a real treat!

I've spent the better part of a day then an additional 11 hours manually stabilizing each frame putting this together.

Here is the story.

On the night of the "Blood Moon" Lunar Eclipse I headed out to a remote dark sky site in Tierra Del Sol, CA. I arrived at about 9:00pm. I then proceeded to set my telescope up and began immediately imaging the moon almost exactly at 10:00pm.

All in all, I spent 5 hours imaging the Moon and the eclipse, capturing 1032 images! It really was one of the most beautiful events I have ever witnessed.

I compiled all the data and turned it into a high resolution time lapse video.

I am happy to present it here to you all!

Share this with your friends and family. It is a video that everyone will enjoy watching!

Click the link below to view it.

http://youtu.be/PkLizr7YQaU

StarDude Astronomy
www.stardude.org
Posted 04/23/2014 09:25PM #1
Maxwell Palau said:

Hello everyone!

You are in for a real treat!

I've spent the better part of a day then an additional 11 hours manually stabilizing each frame putting this together.

Here is the story.

On the night of the "Blood Moon" Lunar Eclipse I headed out to a remote dark sky site in Tierra Del Sol, CA. I arrived at about 9:00pm. I then proceeded to set my telescope up and began immediately imaging the moon almost exactly at 10:00pm.

All in all, I spent 5 hours imaging the Moon and the eclipse, capturing 1032 images! It really was one of the most beautiful events I have ever witnessed.

I compiled all the data and turned it into a high resolution time lapse video.

I am happy to present it here to you all!

Share this with your friends and family. It is a video that everyone will enjoy watching!

Click the link below to view it.

http://youtu.be/PkLizr7YQaU

Very cool! Nice job, thanks for posting this.

George
Posted 04/24/2014 02:09AM #2
Nice, thanks for posting it. I missed that one.
Floyd

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 04/24/2014 01:38PM #3
A difficult job well done. thanks.

Bob Polcyn
Posted 04/24/2014 05:17PM #4
That was excellent. Thanks for posting.

I was going to attempt a time lapse, but technical glitches (i.e. operator error) and clouds spoiled the attempt. I got some decent individual images, but that's about all. I will try again in October.