My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Comet ISON Photo Contest

Started by StarDudeAstronomy, 11/10/2013 04:31PM
Posted 11/10/2013 04:31PM | Edited 12/14/2013 07:52PM Opening Post
Hello Astromart Community,

I am a student of astronomy/astrophysics and have entered a contest for astrophotographers who imaged comet ISON.

My image is currently in 1st place as determined by the general public who views and casts their vote for their favorite image.

Your vote would be truly appreciated.

The contest ends at the end of this month. I need your vote daily until December 31.

Below are the steps to follow to cast your vote. Thank you very much.

Step 1:
Log into your, a friends and/or family members Facebook account. Then click the link below. It will connect you to the Facebook page of the host of the contest, Oceanside Photo & Telescope (OPT).

http://woobox.com/9i43fj/vote/for/1608659

Step 2:
Once the page is open, a dialog box will pop up stating that in order to participate, you must “Like” OPT. Once you do this, you may continue to the voting area.

Step 3:
Now you will be directed to area where all the images are located. My entry will automatically pop up for you. Click on VOTE on the top left of the box.

Step 4:
Repeat! The vote count ends on December 31. So you may cast your vote once every day from now until then and it will add to the total. Again, all your votes are much appreciated.

Thank you for your support. See you in the forums.

Clear Skies,

Maxwell Palau
www.facebook.com/MXPalau

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 57938

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

www.facebook.com/StarDudeAstronomy
www.meetup.com/StarDudeAstronomy

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Canon 60D Un-modified / Rokinon 14mm F/2.8 / Tamron 24-70 F/2.8
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/14/2013 07:53PM #1
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE:

Thank you to all who have shown your support!

With only 17 days left in this contest, there is no time to let up! Our competition is pushing harder than ever!

We can't let them catch up to us!! We need at least 65 today and every day to keep a safe distance ahead!! I need your help to do it!

The tally right now is at 1024 Votes and 689 Likes!! Next goal is to pass 1050 votes by the end of the day!!

Please Vote and Like it today and every day and SHARE SHARE SHARE with everyone you know! We need to win, make it so!

Click the link below to cast your vote.

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/16/2013 01:17PM #2
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: TECHNOLOGICAL KOMBAT!!

There is just over 2 weeks left in this contest!! I need your help now more than ever! The New York Astronomy Association is gaining on us by about 20 votes a day. At this rate he might pass us in 4-5 days!!

We have worked too hard to let that happen. I need your help to stay in 1st place!

The tally right now is up to 1100 Votes!! The goal for today is to pass 1175 votes! We can do it! Share with your friends and have them all vote!

With only 15 days left, we need everyone to vote today and every day to keep a safe distance ahead!

Click the link below, the "like" OPT (the host of the contest). My entry will then pop up for you. Click "Vote" & "like" on the top left of the box.

Thank you all very much!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147925

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/18/2013 11:46AM #3
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: TIS THE SEASON TO SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Thank you all so much for your continued support! You are all amazing!! Please continue what you are doing and share this with your friends, family, co-workers, church members etc.

Click the link below, the "like" OPT (the host of the contest). My entry will then pop up for you. Click "Vote" & "like" on the top left of the box.

There is only 13 days left in this contest!! The fight between us and the New York Astronomy Association is getting close, them being only 34 votes behind us.

C'mon, we can't let New York beat us! We have worked too hard to let that happen. I need your help to stay in 1st place!

The tally right now is up to 1217 Votes!! The goal for today is to pass 1280 votes! We can do it! Share with everyone!

Keep Being Awesome Everyone!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147935

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/19/2013 08:56AM #4
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: VOTE NOW!! SANTA IS WATCHING!!

OHHHH NOOO!!! WE ARE IN 2ND PLACE!!

There is only 12 days left in this contest!! We are behind New York Astronomy Association, but not by much.

The tally right now is up to 1274 Votes!! The goal for today is to pass 1360 votes!

Let's make a huge comeback and beat the NYAA!! I need your help to do it!

SHARE WITH EVERYONE!!

Thank you all very much!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147943

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/20/2013 08:25AM #5
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: TIME TO PLAY CATCH-UP!!

Thank you so much everyone for supporting me in this contest.

There are only 11 days left. We can still make it to 1st place. Right now we are behind the New York Astronomy Association by 36 votes.

I need your help and continued support to make it back on top and win.

Our current tally up to 1329 Votes!! We need to reach at least 1400 by the end of the day! SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147953

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/22/2013 01:58PM #6
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: MIDDAY MADNESS

Only 9 Days Left!!

The New York Astronomy Association is leading us by about 90 votes. We still have time to beat them! But I need your help.

Our current tally up to 1474 Votes!! Our goal is to reach 1530 by of the day! Please Vote, Link & SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147958

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/23/2013 08:45AM #7
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: MOVING UP!

Only 8 Days Left!!

The New York Astronomy Association is still leading, but their lead is down to about 50 votes. We still have time to beat them! But I need your help.

Our current tally up to 1558 Votes!! Our goal is to reach 1600 by of the day! Please Vote, Link & SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147962

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/24/2013 09:43AM #8
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: ENTERING THE FINAL STRETCH

1 WEEK LEFT EVERYONE!!!

The New York Astronomy Association is still leading, but their lead is down to about 50 votes. We still have time to beat them! But I need your help. We are getting close!!

Our current tally up to 1667 Votes!! Our goal is to reach 1740 by of the day! Please Vote, Link & SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147970

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX
Posted 12/25/2013 10:46AM #9
COMET PHOTO CONTEST UPDATE: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Thank you so much everyone for your continued support!

There are only 6 Days Left in this contest!!!

Yesterday we managed to climb back up into first place! Though the New York Astronomy Association is still right behind. With so little time left in this contest, I need your help to push on and end this race on top!!

Our current tally up to 1809 Votes!! Our goal is to reach 1875 by of the day! Please Vote, Link & SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

I hope this day brings you happiness, love, family & friends! Have a wonderful day today!

Attached Image:

StarDudeAstronomy's attachment for post 147973

Maxwell F.X. Palau
San Diego, CA

Stellarvue SV105T-2FT
Celestron CGEM-DX