NGC2246

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

MLO training in Seattle fights light pollution

Started by [email protected], 10/19/2011 07:00PM
Posted 10/19/2011 07:00PM Opening Post
Recently the International Dark-Sky Association and the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America passed the Model Lighting Ordinance (MLO). Applying the MLO will accelerate energy conservation and limit the effects of light pollution such as glare and light trespass.

Training on the MLO will be offered October 26thin Seattle at the Lighting Design Lab.

Lighting Design Lab
2915 4th Ave S.
Seattle, WA 98134
Cost: $75 per person includes lunch.

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011
10:00am – 2:00pm

Presented by IDA board member, Nancy E. Clanton (PE, LC, IALD) is an internationally renowned, award-winning lighting designer and the president of Clanton Engineering in Boulder, Colorado. Nancy has served on the board of directors of IESNA and IALD and continues to serve on many committees. She has taught more than 250 lighting courses and seminars for the University of Colorado, IESNA, AIA, IALD, ASID, and USGB. She received her BS degree in architectural engineering from the University of Colorado.

Feel free to pass this unique training opportunity on to co-workers, associates and contractors in your community.

To register visit http://www.darksky.org/mlo-training

INTERNATIONAL DARK-SKY ASSOCIATION (IDA)
Dark Skies Northwest Chapter

David W. Ingram

Cell #206-372-7292
E-mail: [email protected]
Posted 10/20/2011 06:30PM #1
I don't know if this is related, but just in the last couple weeks they have replaced all the street lights in my neighborhood in Seattle. I don't know what kind of lights the new ones are, but they do seem a lot less intrusive. Haven't had my telescope out yet to see if they make much difference.