IC410

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Autostar Slewing

Started by darryls, 10/13/2009 12:36PM
Posted 10/13/2009 12:36PM Opening Post
Last night I wanted to show some friends Jupiter. Since there were clouds in the area, I simply pressed "enter" after the scope had slewed to the alignment star (I could not see the star through the clouds). Once the clouds cleared I selected "Goto Jupiter". After slewing, Jupiter was in the FOV but at the very bottom edge. No problem, I thought, and used the slew keys to center the planet. No sooner had I let go of the slew keys then did the scope reset to the previous position, with Jupiter at the very edge of the FOV. Is there a way I can slew the scope to where I want it after alignment, and get it to stay there and not keep returning to it's previous position?

Darryl
Posted 10/13/2009 01:57PM #1
hit enetr after hitting your target,autostar does the same to me, sometimes it just goes off on high speed when I slew in 9,I just hit enter and it resets itself /stops slewing etc,Drove me nuts the first couple times and I thought it was broken
Posted 10/14/2009 04:29AM #2
Darryl Simmons said:

Last night I wanted to show some friends Jupiter. Since there were clouds in the area, I simply pressed "enter" after the scope had slewed to the alignment star (I could not see the star through the clouds). Once the clouds cleared I selected "Goto Jupiter". After slewing, Jupiter was in the FOV but at the very bottom edge. No problem, I thought, and used the slew keys to center the planet. No sooner had I let go of the slew keys then did the scope reset to the previous position, with Jupiter at the very edge of the FOV. Is there a way I can slew the scope to where I want it after alignment, and get it to stay there and not keep returning to it's previous position?

Darryl

What you need to do is do a careful drive training session for both axes...that's the fix. Oh, do always remember: select and object and hit ENTER, then hit GO-TO. IOW, always ENTER, THEN GO-TO.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/