Classifieds Etiquette

Started by MacAstronomer, 07/28/2005 08:06PM
Posted 07/28/2005 08:06PM Opening Post
Hi all,

This is coming from a fairly new Astromart user and yet I think I have something to say that is for all Astromart users. I've bought several items on the classifieds, and I wish to share some wisdom regarding etiquette for the classifieds. I don't mean you need to have the long fork on the left and the water glasses half full, but just some courtesy for others.

Primarily I'm referring to a lack of communication etiquette.

When somebody messages, I think the poster should get back to the enquirer. Even if the item has sold or is pending. As a buyer, I might be looking at buying new or buying another used item. Please don't leave us hanging. If I offered to buy your item and you accepted, I'd bet you'd be mad if I told you, "sorry I found another". Yet by not responding, I'm left hanging. The last two items I messaged on, the seller never responded. One seller's listing disappeared from the classifieds (no sold or no pending) and I have no idea what happened. The other seller changed the message to PENDING, and here I was left thinking, "Somebody else probably won that item, but maybe that person tried to contact me and the e-mail didn't come through? I hope they're not waiting for me to pay when I don't even know they agreed."

Please, respond. It's really common courtesy.

The other thing is about feedback. I've bought several things on line and messaged about several more. Every agreement, I've always paid immediately (same day, usually same hour). There has never been a single disagreement between the seller and myself. Yet only one person has given me feedback (even though I gave everybody deserved positive feedback).

I sure hope I'm not coming across as gruff or something. With several good transactions, all for what to me is a lot of money, there should be more feedback in my profile.

Not really knowing where to post this, I put it here as I am still a new Astromart user. As good as it is that this message gets out to all the beginners, I hope it reaches the veterans too.

Rule one: Reply to those who message you.
Rule two: Leave some feedback. Not all of us have 1000 items in our profile.

The Astromart world would be an even better place smile

Thanks for listening.

Duane

www.macastronomer.com