My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Meade LTX 90 PE Issue

Started by mmille89, 04/13/2013 11:41AM
Posted 04/13/2013 11:41AM Opening Post
Hello-

I am hoping for some help. I have a Meade LTX 90PE that was purchased used. It works well with the exception of the auto-align feature. When I try to use this feature it will go through the sequence of aligning itself but once it gets to orienting to the first star it gives an error on the HBX to "Check Mount" and then options to abort or "Go To" to continue. Problem is that at this point the HBX locks-up and will not allow either a "Go To" input or pressing "Mode" or any other button - I have to turn the unit off to reset it. It works fine on 2-star, 1-star and Easy Alignment modes - slews to stars, Go To works etc. Only problem is with AutoAlign. Any advice? Meade was not helpful - told me to send it to them and for $150.00 they would look at it. Would rather spend the $150.00 on accessories vs. repairs!. Thanks.
Posted 04/17/2013 03:22PM #1
Michael Miller said:

Hello-

I am hoping for some help. I have a Meade LTX 90PE that was purchased used. It works well with the exception of the auto-align feature. When I try to use this feature it will go through the sequence of aligning itself but once it gets to orienting to the first star it gives an error on the HBX to "Check Mount" and then options to abort or "Go To" to continue. Problem is that at this point the HBX locks-up and will not allow either a "Go To" input or pressing "Mode" or any other button - I have to turn the unit off to reset it. It works fine on 2-star, 1-star and Easy Alignment modes - slews to stars, Go To works etc. Only problem is with AutoAlign. Any advice? Meade was not helpful - told me to send it to them and for $150.00 they would look at it. Would rather spend the $150.00 on accessories vs. repairs!. Thanks.

The first thing to do in these cases is to do a Calibrate Motors followed by Train Drives. Be sure to train in both altitude and azimuth.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/