My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: autoguiding with the LXD75

Started by rmollise, 08/06/2009 11:48AM
Posted 08/06/2009 11:48AM Opening Post
Chris Myron said:

:I have modest equipment[lxd75sc8with e meade 2045 piggybacked on it ] I have two cameras, a DSI11 and a DSI11pro. I need to know how to autoguide with this setup and the Meade Autostarsuite. Can any one help me out?( Contact me here or at [email protected] Thanks, Chris

As for autoguiding with Autostar Suite...my advice is "don't." PHD Guiding (freeware from Stark Labs) is easier to use and works much better. You will guide through the serial port of your HC with the aid of ASCOM since your scope does not have an autoguide port.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 08/06/2009 01:24PM | Edited 08/06/2009 01:27PM #1
I think you can get an APM #909 module to add guiding capabilities to the LXD75. You have to hunt for these as they are discontinued (I saw one on astromart recently). I have recently added one to my LXD75. It does allow me to use the 1209 microfocuser from the 497 controller and software. My plan is to look into using it for guiding as well, but I have not got that far.

Edit: I plan on using the GPUSB and PHD for guiding the LXD75 with the 909 port. I have a GPUSB on my LX200, that I will use to experiment.

==============
Russell Cole

Earth First! We'll strip mine the other planets later.