Oh Gosh I don't really hate Astromart but....

Started by gnowell, 05/05/2017 11:25PM
Posted 05/05/2017 11:25PM Opening Post
Here's what makes me sad. sad

The discussion fora pretty much died after the annual charge was initiated (I am *not* opposed to paying, and kicked in $ before the annual charge).

But we lost something there. Almost everyone moved on to CN. As CN got bigger and more diversified, it sucked a lot of the participation out of the Yahoo groups too. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. There were getting to be too many Yahoo groups.

I wish there would be some brainstorming about how to bring people in, if only into the forums. It's difficult to get newcomers to understand that it's in their best interests to participate in a market that's got an excellent regulatory system going. I like the forums here because they are more rough and tumble, no automatic bleeping of profanity or political views. But mostly it seems people come here for the business of buying and selling, not so much chat any more.

Greg N

"Scope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no scope." --Freewheelin' Franklin
Posted 05/05/2017 11:45PM #1
You know I hear this "stuff" and it makes me kinda laugh at just how little people know

I have membership and revenue numbers at my finger tips

2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 and through May 4th are within $1500 of each other with 2017 NOT being the lowest

Membership has NEVER been as high as it is right now and has had a steady increase EVERY YEAR I have owned it. When we bought it it had 3500 members

I assure you there are a lot more than that now

People bloviate LESS on AstroMart because they don't have names like Cutie Johnny and crap like that = we use real names and people using their real names say less stupid and worthless things than if they are had aliases/

Don't cry for me Argentina - we are doing as well as ever

Love
Herb