Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Rough drafts

Started by jameslbrown, 08/22/2017 01:02AM
Posted 08/22/2017 01:02AM | Edited 08/22/2017 01:04AM Opening Post
These are unprocessed, hot off the memory card and aggressively downsized. I think they look pretty good in the rough! I should have some really fine totality shots when I merge the images shot at different f stops. I had the camera pre-programmed to shoot 7 bracketed images at 1 f-stop intervals, so I could just stand there gawking at the sky while I pressed the remote over and over again. What a great experience! My first total eclipse.

Our group was on the center line north of Torrington WY. We set up on some State-owned ranch land. It was marked "No Trespassing" but a genuinely cool Wyoming State Trooper invited anyone who asked in through the gate.

Canon EOS 6D
Astro-Physics Traveler
Astro-Physics 1100 GTO.

Jim

Attached Image:

jameslbrown's attachment for post 61034
Posted 08/22/2017 01:03AM #1
Jim Brown said:

These are unprocessed, hot off the memory card. I think they look pretty good in the rough! I should have some really fine totality shots when I merge the images shot at different f stops. I had the camera pre-programmed to shoot 7 bracketed images at 1 f-stop intervals, so I could just stand there gawking at the sky while I pressed the remote over and over again. What a great experience! My first total eclipse.

Our group was on the center line north of Torrington WY. We set up on some State-owned ranch land. It was marked "No Trespassing" but a genuinely cool Wyoming State Trooper invited anyone who asked in through the gate.

Canon EOS 6D
Astro-Physics Traveler
Astro-Physics 1100 GTO.

Jim

Attached Image:

jameslbrown's attachment for post 151847
Posted 08/22/2017 01:05AM #2
Jim Brown said:

These are unprocessed, hot off the memory card and aggressively downsized. I think they look pretty good in the rough! I should have some really fine totality shots when I merge the images shot at different f stops. I had the camera pre-programmed to shoot 7 bracketed images at 1 f-stop intervals, so I could just stand there gawking at the sky while I pressed the remote over and over again. What a great experience! My first total eclipse.

Canon EOS 6D
Astro-Physics Traveler
Astro-Physics 1100 GTO.

Jim

Attached Image:

jameslbrown's attachment for post 151848
Posted 08/22/2017 01:05AM #3
Jim Brown said:

Canon EOS 6D
Astro-Physics Traveler
Astro-Physics 1100 GTO.

Jim

Attached Image:

jameslbrown's attachment for post 151849
Posted 08/22/2017 02:21AM #4
Nice and thanks for sharing . Wish I could have seen totality
Posted 08/23/2017 06:02AM #5
Nice! We did a lot from Bar Nunn, a bit north of Casper. I has a Shadow Band Detector set up, which worked fine... and probably detected nothing. Tom

29-inch Dob in a dome
36-inch upgrade soon
LUNT 80/80 solar scope
FLI 6803 cam
APM 100mm APO Binos
JMI RB-16 Night Vision Binos
Zeiss 20x60 IS binos