Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Cherry Springs

Started by geodandrew, 08/17/2008 12:58PM
Posted 08/17/2008 12:58PM Opening Post
Last year at the BFSP I saw there was something happening at the north side of the park. It looked like they where putting in bathrooms and or showers. Does any one have any info on this?

8O bsession 20" F5 21E 13E 8E
I smoke cigars and play golf every chance I get, I just don’t get that many chances. 8)
Posted 08/18/2008 07:08PM #1
George Andrew said:

Last year at the BFSP I saw there was something happening at the north side of the park. It looked like they where putting in bathrooms and or showers. Does any one have any info on this?

"It" was completed when I went to the Cherry Springs Star Party this year. It's an excellent flush toilet facility, complete with handicap access, sinks, heat, and red lights. Probably the only down-side is that 'the public' has learned it's there and there are now frequent stop-offs just looking to use "the facilities". Of course it could be a long walk to this new facility, so at CSSP, and I would assume BFSP, the porta-johns will be there too.

They also completed a new hot-water shower facility at the near-by Lyman Run SP, mainly intended for CSSP users. It's something like a 15-minute drive.

Other changes: They added a lot more AC power, and were going to put in some more road(s) in the southwest corner (where all the RVs and CCD guys hang out) because people have been getting 'trapped' back there if the park really fills up.

On the down side: The State intends to remove the pay phone, and perhaps to pay for all of changes they have increased the nightly camping fee by a buck.

George N