M3 Globular Cluster

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

WSP was just incredible!

Started by IGastaldo, 02/09/2003 07:36AM
Posted 02/09/2003 07:36AM Opening Post
Well.... what can I say, besides WOW!!!!

This was my first Star Party, and it's been an incredible experience...

I stayed from Monday through Friday, and had all 4 nights of viewing, enjoying every single second of it!

I got to log several objects, probably from 150-200 (still have to organize my notes, but mostly Messier & Caldwell), and tried to collect as many as I could, knowing that going back home, the Light Pollution would not allow me to wiew them again...

I would roughly estimate about 500-600 people, and about 3/4 of that number for scopes... just unbelievable!

I got to meet several people, made some good friends, and enjoyed viewing through several different scopes, getting a good feeling for what they can offer...

All in all, this has been something that I'll remember for life, and I'll make sure to see you all next year, if God lets me...

Clear dark skies my friends!

Ivan
smile

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 02/09/2003 11:21AM #1
I second that. 80* days 60* nights only one night was cloudy,5 good nights out of 6. I have a tan, went snorkeling, fishing, swimming and had my first ever views
of the Southern Cross and the supercluster, Omega Centauri, the "Jewel Box", the Blue Planetary and 10/15 more items that are impossible to see up north. The final count Friday afternoon was 613. They gave away an LX90, 2 EXT 90's and tons of eyepeices. Like someone said. "I'll be back".