My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Alright... Now What?

Started by Astroimage2002, 11/06/2010 01:56AM
Posted 11/06/2010 01:56AM Opening Post
Hi All,

I am an Astronut (Mount-less and Camera-less for now... dreaming about a EM200 and a ST-8300) in Northern Indiana that also loves Audio. I have a setup that I really loved to listen to while my scope was out taking pictures of the stars... 2am listening to music... scope taking pictures of the night sky... How in the heck could you spend your time better? Enough about me... Are there any other vinyl addicts out here? What are you listening to? What are you listening to as far as hardware?

Brian
Posted 11/06/2010 02:41PM | Edited 11/06/2010 02:43PM #1
I reluctantly sold my several-hundred-copy vinyl colletion a few years back. Putting that collection together was a labor of love that started in my junior high years, but I had simply run out of room to keep them. I had pretty much replaced all the vinyl I listened to with CD's, which I prefer anyway. Right now, I have a vintage Pioneer SX-780 receiver, a Pioneer DV-333 CD/DVD player, a Nakamichi DR-1 cassette deck, B&W 602 speakers, and a set of AKG headphones.

Oklahoma State University--The University of Oklahoma!--GO POKES!! GO STATE!!
Posted 11/16/2010 08:43PM #2
Hi Brian,

A little late to the thread, but I love audio just as much as my astronomy habit. A few years ago I put together a nice 5.1 system that serve double duty for music and HT. Have Definitive tower speakers and matching center and rears powered by a Denon AV receiver with 100 watts/channel all circa 2008. Have an Oppo Bluray that plays CD, SACD, DVD-audio, and DVD. The one piece that pulled everything together is the Logitech remote with it's easy online programming it takes one push of the button for any switching via HDMI.

Music sounds good on that system and SACD's sound especially good, but I also have a two channel system in a spare bedroom that is my preference for listening to audio. Found this Marantz 2238 receiver at a garage sale for 5 bucks and mated it to Monitor Audio floor speakers, my old OPPO DVD/CD player, and an old IMac that I use as a music server with all CD's loaded using Apple Lossless encoding. I'm still looking for a vintage turntable to round out the system as I have many favorites that are only on vinyl.

Attached Image:

jimmoscheck's attachment for post 139051