any other tube heads here?

Started by crickett, 04/25/2011 11:59PM
Posted 04/25/2011 11:59PM Opening Post
Hey Folks, I started following another one of my passions about two years ago. I am now up to my eyeballs in vacuum tube amplifiers and such.
Currently using my own home built push-pull-parallel 6v6gt monoblock tube amps. Only about 18 watts each for output, but what an incredible sound.

Anyone else?
Posted 04/27/2011 08:32PM #1
I just bought a couple of conn organ amps off another forum. I'll get them in a few days. I'll conveert them to hi-fi free standing monoblocks soon. They'll be 6L6 push-pull types.

I am digging out the basement after getting some new carptets. I'll post some pics of what I have built so far.
Posted 05/01/2011 09:06PM #2
...Another tube head here. I have a Bottlehead Stereomour 2A3 integrated and a pair of QuickSilver Mid Mono EL34 tube amps and a Hagerman CornettII tube phono stage.
Posted 07/08/2011 03:56AM #3
So far I have heared some great tube preamps (line and phono stage) as well as tube CD players.

However, amps are another matter. I find they just cannot get the base right (at least for anything that may be considered reasoble in price).

I also understand than some companies will start making tube amps that will do much better getting the base right. However, they will still cost over $10,000.

Currently, I have solid state monoblocks, a tube preamp, and a tube CD player.

Joel Falk in Kansas, USA
14.5" AstroSky with Stevens Optics
GOTO and Tracking
17t4,2x Powermate, Paracorr...
Pentax XW 3.5mm,5mm,7mm,10mm, and 30mm
Orion 10" XTi