Milky Way with ISS

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Matrix 3

Started by DrThud, 04/07/2004 11:10PM
Posted 04/07/2004 11:10PM Opening Post
I watched the first two installments once, each, and have no desire to see either of them again. If I had to summarize my opinion of the movies with a single word, I might choose "ho-hum" or "blah." If the movies were more engaging/interesting -- if I cared more about them, one way or the other -- I might have upped the ante to "pretentious." Alas, neither movie warranted even *that* much emotional investment from me.

I'm sure I'll watch the third (when my friends finally buy it), and I'm confident that I'll have the same (or a similar) reaction.

I think Keanu Reeves is one of the least-talented "actors" ever to reach "star" status. Given that, I think he was perfectly cast in the role of Neo. Blah movie; blah character; blah actor. His best work (his only *good* work), as far as I'm concerned, can be seen in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey."

Blah blah blah. :-)
Posted 04/09/2004 06:19AM #1
The first one would've been fine by itself. Not classic, but good, solid sci-fi. The story was kept simple, with an "ending" that basically let you dream up your own ending.

But the moneymen don't care about inegrity. It made millions, therefore they order two more, therefore the story gets bloated beyond recognition.

And yes, they could not have found a finer block of wood to play Neo than Reeves.