IPCC Projections Overpredict Recent Warming

Started by Doug Peterson, 10/07/2008 03:34AM
Posted 10/07/2008 03:34AM | Edited 10/07/2008 04:09AM Opening Post
The slope thru the last 6 years looks like .03C per decade, per three government supplied data sets. The real warming took place in the 20th century, maybe 1 degree F--you can't feel that difference with your household AC. Yet the human-induced C02 continues to increase exponentially per the figure in my last post.

Where's the beef?

http://rankexploits.com/musings/2008/gmst-projections-vs-observations/

Attached Image:

Doug Peterson's attachment for post 44066

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 10/07/2008 02:38PM #1
Exactly how is this post and data source any different from your post in the "food for thought" thread Doug? This is the same bogus material that you post earlier, it is just rehashed from the same collection of sites. The answer to your question "Where's the beef? " was answered in the previous thread. The answer is the same. The per decade change is claimed to be 0.17C per decade. How can you get a 10 year average when you only use 6 years of data? Why do I get a very different number from your sources when I go directly to NCDC/GISS and HADCRUT and actually compute a 10 year, 5 year mean? Why weren't you jumping up and down claiming global warming was occurring when the 3 year average around 1998 was 0.5C? Why do you ignore the statements by the sources of the data you are using that the decrease is due to "the unusually cool global average temperature in January 2008, it looked as though smoothed global average temperatures had dropped markedly in recent years, which is misleading."

Why do continue to post discredited material from websites and authors who publicly acknowledge that are deliberately manufacturing artifical doubt in the scientific process.