Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

California Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

MAJOR Global Warming Event!

Started by richartisticwoods, 01/19/2019 08:46AM
Posted 02/06/2019 12:39AM #10
Originally Posted by Tony Aguire

Regardless, everything we do that mitigates our impact on the climate, no matter how small, benefits everyone. 
Fossil fuels are expensive, dirty, and have a real long term impact on human quality of life. We (the USA) would have far less strategic interest in the middle east if it were not for our dependence on sweet crude. Most of the environmental impacts of mining a resource that is required to sustain daily life would be mitigated by moving to renewable energy. Wars have been fought, people have died, civilizations have been ravaged to put fuel in your tank.... Sorry, I don't like the idea of people getting killed so I can get to work.
And I don't believe for one second that the sun is solely responsible for the climate shifts we have been witnessing, nor do I believe that our impact is insignificant. 
Tony, you seem to think that man can(to some extent) control nature, in regard to the earth's climate. I'm inclined to think that man is pretty much subject to the whims of nature. As I previously stated, I do not think that the human race is capable of preventing another ice age, nor can he prevent the devastating effects of a CME.


 

[COLOR="Blue"]Darian Rachal[/COLOR]
Posted 02/10/2019 08:06AM #11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaBUQ3NU1w&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2cE2SbOufMfRQt7Vx6WLQgDEUi1y9kGSJrrxrYgewJWvgetYL6qUbrQY8
Posted 02/10/2019 10:21AM #12
Originally Posted by Charles R Genovese, Jr MD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaBUQ3NU1w&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2cE2SbOufMfRQt7Vx6WLQgDEUi1y9kGSJrrxrYgewJWvgetYL6qUbrQY8
Very interesting link, Charles. Thanks.smile

[COLOR="Blue"]Darian Rachal[/COLOR]
Posted 02/11/2019 10:22AM #13
Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

Tony, you seem to think that man can(to some extent) control nature, in regard to the earth's climate. I'm inclined to think that man is pretty much subject to the whims of nature. As I previously stated, I do not think that the human race is capable of preventing another ice age, nor can he prevent the devastating effects of a CME
Humans cannot control nature, but we can sure screw it up. Look, practically every initiative that is intended to stave off climate change have other benefits as well. Cleaner air, cleaner water, healthier people. I really don't understand why people can't understand that. Just do the right thing for future generations and stop making a mess of the planet, simple.

It is what it is...
Posted 02/11/2019 12:13PM #14
Originally Posted by Tony Aguire

Humans cannot control nature, but we can sure screw it up. Look, practically every initiative that is intended to stave off climate change have other benefits as well. Cleaner air, cleaner water, healthier people. I really don't understand why people can't understand that. Just do the right thing for future generations and stop making a mess of the planet, simple.
Tony, I'm all for conservationism.

[COLOR="Blue"]Darian Rachal[/COLOR]
Posted 02/12/2019 12:53AM #15
Originally Posted by Tony Aguire

Bull*. I will take you down in a heartbeat on anything science, 

For starters, why are you on an astronomy website? Why are you posting on only two forum topics unrelated to astronomy? What astronomy equipment are you using? Department store junk sitting in your closet according to your bio.

STFU about your science INTEREST or knowledge. 

You remind me of the manure spreader we used on the farm when I was a kid.
Feel free to do so.  I've been waiting for years to read anything you write that isn't an incoherent bunch of idiocy.  So far you've haven't failed in that Dep't. as the idiocy just keeps rolling out of your pie hole on a regular basis lately!    

And as for my astronomical equip, my main scope is 1972 C14.   I really am not interested in what you do with your equipment. My guess is that you peep into other men's windows at night trying to catch a glimpse.

And as far as your STFU remark.  Put up something that makes me shut the F up, meathead.  

Now I have better things to do than go back and forth with the resident A-mart drunk, so you'll have to excuse me as I laugh in your face while I'm leaving.  LOL  tongue