Young Bull Elk

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

NASA Admits Arctic Ice Loss Was Storm-Caused

Started by dsnope, 09/25/2012 10:20AM
Posted 09/25/2012 10:20AM Opening Post
NASA had to swallow hard and finally admit what was obvious to anyone that pays attention to arctic weather: that it wasn't global warming. And it actually got reported on Reuters. Albeit with non-scientific weasel-words thrown in (e.g. the nonsensical "would have") to keep the politics strong. Except that this is what happened in 2007, the most recent year that Arctic ice-loss was hyped as global warming and later found to be wind-caused.

The cycle repeats on Astromart as well. What was that saying about not learning from history?

I'll go out on a limb here and post my own prediction. My own models predict that, if something similar occurs to ice somewhere and sometime over the next several decades, it is likely that most of the AGW-believer Astromarters polled will support the notion that it is probably caused by greenhouse gas emissions and that it may be to late to save the ice.

Heh, see what I did there? I can write like an AGW journalist too.

In a September 18 video posted by NASA on its website, they admit that the Arctic cyclone, which began on August 1, ¡°wreaked havoc on the Arctic sea ice cover¡± by ¡°breaking up sea ice.¡± (NASA story here)

Global warming activists have been giddy in their hyping of the satellite era record low Arctic sea ice extent while ignoring the satellite record sea ice expansion in the Antarctic.

Many climate activists have sought to downplay the significance that the Arctic cyclone played on this year¡¯s summer sea ice in the Arctic. But this new inconvenient video report from NASA now makes the warmists¡¯ attempt to deny the cyclones role in 2012¡äs Arctic sea ice conditions ¡ª impossible.

The September 18 NASA video notes: ¡°A powerful storm wreaked havoc on the Arctic sea ice cover in August 2012. This visualization shows the strength and direction of the winds and their impact on the ice: the red vectors represent the fastest winds, while blue vectors stand for slower winds.¡±

Reuters news service filed a September 21 report based on NASA¡¯s video admission titled: ¡°NASA says Arctic cyclone played ¡®key role¡¯ in record ice melt.¡± The news segment details how the Arctic sea ice was reduced due to ¡°a powerful cyclone that scientists say ¡®wreaked havoc¡¯ on ice cover during the month of August.¡± (Reuters on ¡°Arctic Cyclone¡± ¡ª 0:47 second long segment ¡ª Rob Muir reporting.)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/24/nasa-on-arctic-sea-ice-record-low-storm-wreaked-havoc-on-the-arctic-sea-ice-cover/#more-71473
Posted 09/25/2012 01:54PM #1
Dave Snope said:

NASA had to swallow hard and finally admit what was obvious to anyone that pays attention to arctic weather: that it wasn't global warming. And it actually got reported on Reuters. Albeit with non-scientific weasel-words thrown in (e.g. the nonsensical "would have") to keep the politics strong. Except that this is what happened in 2007, the most recent year that Arctic ice-loss was hyped as global warming and later found to be wind-caused.

The cycle repeats on Astromart as well. What was that saying about not learning from history?

I'll go out on a limb here and post my own prediction. My own models predict that, if something similar occurs to ice somewhere and sometime over the next several decades, it is likely that most of the AGW-believer Astromarters polled will support the notion that it is probably caused by greenhouse gas emissions and that it may be to late to save the ice.

Heh, see what I did there? I can write like an AGW journalist too.

In a September 18 video posted by NASA on its website, they admit that the Arctic cyclone, which began on August 1, ¡°wreaked havoc on the Arctic sea ice cover¡± by ¡°breaking up sea ice.¡± (NASA story here)

Global warming activists have been giddy in their hyping of the satellite era record low Arctic sea ice extent while ignoring the satellite record sea ice expansion in the Antarctic.

Many climate activists have sought to downplay the significance that the Arctic cyclone played on this year¡¯s summer sea ice in the Arctic. But this new inconvenient video report from NASA now makes the warmists¡¯ attempt to deny the cyclones role in 2012¡äs Arctic sea ice conditions ¡ª impossible.

The September 18 NASA video notes: ¡°A powerful storm wreaked havoc on the Arctic sea ice cover in August 2012. This visualization shows the strength and direction of the winds and their impact on the ice: the red vectors represent the fastest winds, while blue vectors stand for slower winds.¡±

Reuters news service filed a September 21 report based on NASA¡¯s video admission titled: ¡°NASA says Arctic cyclone played ¡®key role¡¯ in record ice melt.¡± The news segment details how the Arctic sea ice was reduced due to ¡°a powerful cyclone that scientists say ¡®wreaked havoc¡¯ on ice cover during the month of August.¡± (Reuters on ¡°Arctic Cyclone¡± ¡ª 0:47 second long segment ¡ª Rob Muir reporting.)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/24/nasa-on-arctic-sea-ice-record-low-storm-wreaked-havoc-on-the-arctic-sea-ice-cover/#more-71473

Bbbut Dave, don't you know it was global warn... ummm, I mean climate change that caused the cyclone? 8O