Jupiter 7-24-2020 Re-Processed

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Number 1 global warming myth

Started by ZWAY2B, 01/04/2008 03:07PM
Posted 01/04/2008 03:07PM Opening Post
We don't need a top ten list because the number 1 myth is that we as a species can do anything to stop the process. We might slow it or alter it's effects, but humanity is on a ride that will not stop. We can't change mans need/desire to exploit the worlds resources.

Not to worry anyway, nature and evolution will do a much better job at solving this problem than we ever could.

Come to think of it can someone give me some examples of any large social/environmental issue that we've eliminated. Poverty? Crime? Human Rights? I can't readily think of any. Someone restore my hope.

Dave H.
Posted 01/04/2008 03:34PM #1
Since you mentioned it, I think we have come pretty close to eliminating several of our "Human Rights"....I have a feeling that trend will continue as well.

Mike

http://www.DarkSights.com
Posted 01/04/2008 03:48PM #2
David Hakenewerth said:

We don't need a top ten list because the number 1 myth is that we as a species can do anything to stop the process. We might slow it or alter it's effects, but humanity is on a ride that will not stop. We can't change mans need/desire to exploit the worlds resources.

Not to worry anyway, nature and evolution will do a much better job at solving this problem than we ever could.

Come to think of it can someone give me some examples of any large social/environmental issue that we've eliminated. Poverty? Crime? Human Rights? I can't readily think of any. Someone restore my hope.

Dave H.

The Montreal Protocol? The world decide to remove halogenated hydrocarbons {CFC's) to prevent the destruction of Ozone Layer. Lo and behold with world cooperation the amount of CFC's in the atmosphere have declined dramatically and stratospheric ozone has stabilized. There are variations in the amount of stratospheric ozone,but the rate of change is now positive rather than negative. As with CO2 businesses predicted the end of the world if CFC's were banned of course instead of a decline in business, there was an increase as people replaced equipment and replaced refrigerants.