Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Out of gas

Started by rpasken, 12/02/2008 12:40PM
Posted 12/02/2008 12:40PM Opening Post
I guess you walk to the nearest filling station and get a cylinder of LNG or Hydrogen. Although more combustible than gasoline the cylinders of LNG and Hydrogen are a bit more sturdy than cheap plastic gas cans I see people filling in the trunk of their cars at gas stations. With electric you tap the nearest light pole.
Posted 12/02/2008 08:31PM #1
Ever see how they fill your propane tank at the local TruValue? You handle the Hydrogen/LNG tank in the same fashion. Even using a secondary connection to allow you to use the cylinder to get to the fueling station is simple solution. Most people I know can handle connecting the propane cylinder to their barbeque grill without problems why would it be any harder to use the same method for your car? Last year I got stuck for 36 hours in Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. I bought a cell phone charger that used AA batteries to recharge my cell phone in 10 minutes. Not appropriate for cars, but a similar concept will work for cars You are looking for a reason NOT to switch to an alternative method of powering your car.