Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Temp Data Manipulation -- Go Figure

Started by reconair, 02/10/2015 03:42PM
Posted 02/10/2015 03:42PM Opening Post
The problem is not whether or not there is such a thing as made-made climate change. The problem is that liberal media has reported out that left-leaning environmentalists said there is and that we have to do something about it. The fear mongering environmentalist with agendas use manipulated data to reinforce their claim and then try to convince us that its true through bloviating policy makers. When reasonable people question the legitimacy of the data they then result to name calling, labeling the GW/CC doubters as climate change deniers or worse. The simple act of doing this while foisting deceptive data upon the voting public automatically destroys their credibility and prompts further investigation. Which, unfortunately, points to more manipulation and more deception.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/climate-guru-brace-for-massive-cover-up/#WLIWHzPkJhuS4Bo5.99

Scott Busby
A.K.A. Reconair

Carpe Noctum

Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
- Ptolemy,c.150 AD
Posted 02/10/2015 05:43PM #1
With a public who generally can't form a sentence, I wouldn't place too much value in the truth, whatever it may be. Lying is a way of life in politics and the media, the same public bow to their media and political controllers with little to no thought.
Posted 02/11/2015 02:00AM | Edited 02/11/2015 02:08AM #2
This has been going on for a long time. What's new is that somebody got the media to notice. They gave a small number of examples, but I hope that people come to realize that this problem is pervasive throughout the temperature data, that it's actually much worse than just temperature manipulation because half of their raw temperature data is now fabricated by interpolating from other stations (the z-data) instead of read from real thermometers. Then every few years they modify their modified data, and the result is always the same: make the past even cooler relative to the present. Please don't fall victim to their "homogenization" explanations, as none of them explain the large amount of deviations that they apply, and as far as UHI, after arguing for years that it doesn't exist, now they say they are using it -- except that it does the opposite of what they say. They use it to warm the cooler stations, instead of to scale bake recent heat due to urban growth. So obviously it wouldn't make the past cooler. Listening to their explanations is like listening to Josh Earnest explain that the Paris deli attack was an attack against random people by random people of no particular faith.

Look at the chart and remember: all the all-time heat records from the 1930's never happened, the thousands of people that died from heat stroke in '34 and '36 never happened, the nationwide drought never happened, the dust bowl never happened. 2014 was the hottest year on record. Keep saying that to yourself while you bow towards Gavin Schmidt in his high office above Seinfeld's deli in NY, and you shall join the ranks of the true believers.
Posted 02/11/2015 04:25PM #3
I might also add this link which reinforces my belief that GW/CC is a farce.

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021015-738779-climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism.htm

Scott Busby
A.K.A. Reconair

Carpe Noctum

Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
- Ptolemy,c.150 AD
Posted 02/12/2015 06:33PM #4
You cite World Net Daily as your source for information on this matter.....and then go on to question the credibility of others? Allllll righty then.
Posted 02/13/2015 04:41PM | Edited 02/13/2015 04:56PM #5
Related:

https://andthentheresphysics.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/guest-post-skeptics-demand-adjustments/

Guest post : Skeptics demand adjustments
Posted on February 9, 2015 on ...and Then There's Physics blog

" .. This is a guest post from Steven Mosher, who is part of the Berkeley Earth (BEST) team. It’s motivated largely by the recent resurgence of claims of tampering with the temperature records, that I’ve discussed earlier. I won’t say anymore, and Steven’s post starts now:

Christopher Booker win’s the irony of the year award with his piece on adjustments to the temperature record. That’s quite a feat considering it’s only February. His complaint overlooks the clear historical fact that skeptics, above all others, have made the loudest case for the need to adjust the temperature series. Over the years, it’s been skeptics, who have made a vocal case for adjustments . More disturbing is the claim that these adjustments are somehow criminal. We dealt with these type of claims before and completely debunked them..."

The rest at

https://andthentheresphysics.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/guest-post-skeptics-demand-adjustments/