My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Kodak going Bankrupt

Started by Palomino, 09/29/2011 06:32PM
Posted 09/29/2011 06:32PM Opening Post
Hello all,

Was not sure where to post this but since it is about business thought I'd try here. This week it came out that kodak will probably go bankrupt in about a 1 to 2 year period if business does not change. This week it accessed another $160 million from its creditors due to the fact that it is in so much trouble. Those creditors are reportedly urging kodak to sell the entire company, but anaylst's say it may be hard to find a buyer right now.

So, my question is, if kodak disappears how will this affect the astrophoto CCD market as most of the chips used in amatuer CCD cameras are kodak based chips. Sony makes some, but as many know they are not making larger format black and white chips.

Thanks,

Mike
Posted 09/30/2011 11:39AM #1
Did you at least short Kodak Stock? Stock was down 50% today and all trading is now halted for Kodak
Posted 09/30/2011 04:32PM #2
I hope that they survive. I've been very pleased with my Kodak Z950 camera and the Kodak picture frame that I got my mom was a real winner. I was thinking about getting one of their inkjet printers since they were advertising lower ink cost. However, I've noticed that they've been losing shelf space in Target and Walmart. It would be a real cultural loss if Kodak went out of business.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]