North America Nebula NGC 7000

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Astronomics: Terrible Customer Service

Started by darkskyz, 03/27/2016 04:35PM
Posted 03/27/2016 04:35PM Opening Post
Buyers Beware: ASTRONOMICS. I recently purchased a “new” refractor from Astronomics. This was the FIRST and LAST time I'll do business with them. The box was opened and the eyepiece adaptor that goes from the 2½-inch tube to 2” and 1.25” for eyepieces was missing. The end of the tube was open allowing dust to get into the scope. I contacted Astronomics and they told me the adaptor was being shipped when they got one in. They said they opened the box to “do a star test on the scope as we do with all the scopes we sell”. I asked them how did a star test without the adaptor which they said they didn’t need, because you do the test with the star out of focus. You still need an eyepiece the take the star out of focus!! Clearly they took the piece out to give to another customer and gave the incomplete telescope to me. They flat out lied. I should say he: This was one of the managers/owners with the initials P.K. Reluctantly they gave me a return authorization with absolutely no apologies that the telescope was incomplete and made ME pay the return shipping of $50 on an incomplete internally dusty telescope. On top of all this – they charged me to restock the refractor. DO NOT do business with ASTRONOMICS. Fair warning. I have pictures of the opened packaging showing how it was retaped and then sent to me.