How Culturally Isolated Are You?

Started by tl123tsk, 02/02/2012 06:05PM
Posted 02/05/2012 12:34AM | Edited 02/05/2012 12:48AM #10
So I got an 8 out of 20, but what difference does that make? Oh and by the way, I don't know (and don't really care) who the NASCAR dude was, I don't smoke, I have owned a pickup truck, I fish on our lake, I support the right of the people to keep and bear arms, I disapprove of healthcare for men women and children being used as a political football, the government has no business dictating what I can or can't do in my own bedroom, the separation of church and state should be absolute, churches should be taxed (especially those which attempt to affect politics), I feel that the ultra-rich are being allowed to commit financial rape without suffering the consequences, my mother ranches cattle at the tender age of 85, my kid sister holds a Master's license for vessels of any tonnage on any ocean, our neighbor runs his own business repairing alloy wheels, we have 3 Architects (I'm one of them and my wife is a Professor Emeritus of Sociology) a couple of retirees, one Architect's ex-wife and an arsonist (we think) on our block; so I guess I'm just an oddball. I don't think that the quiz really gets into all the dark corners or really supports the author's thesis that the USA is coming apart at the themes. He might have been more on point if he'd looked more at the political polarization and increasing incivility of politicians in particular and people in general. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. As long as we can agree to disagree, and can talk to one another, and can chip in and help each other out after Tropical Storm Irene and the Halloween Noreaster, this country is going to be OK.