M3 Globular Cluster

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Terrorism...

Started by IGastaldo, 03/18/2003 04:31PM
Posted 03/18/2003 04:31PM Opening Post
I've been reading all the posts, and some make sense, some don't, but it's a free country and we're all entitled to them...

I normally stay away from politics, since to me they all are a "game of lies", and nobody here really knows the reasons "WHY" we are going to war with Iraq..., we can guess, but we do not know 100% the facts.

My main concern though, specially when we go after a Middle East country, is the Terrorist Threat that's opened or increased dramatically after this happens...

I've been living in the US for the past 15 years now, have a family, have a good job, and things are going just fine... I love this place!

But I was born in Peru, in 1965, and for several years we suffered from attacks from diverse terrorist groups, and let me tell you, this is something YOU DON'T WANT IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD!!!
We had lots of people killed every week, by bombings, shootings... whole families assassinated, a terrible thing to live through...

United Stated is a beautiful country, but at the same time, it is so big, and everything that happens here is so huge, terrorism would not have a problem infiltrating and causing major pain & damage... THIS IS MY MAIN CONCERN...

Sorry for the long post, I'm just really concerned about everyone's safety... people that have not lived in a terrorist ambient have no idea of what it is like... it is a terrible thing to have at home...

Take good care of yourselves & your families, my friends...

Ivan

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 03/18/2003 04:47PM #1
The thing about terrorists is that they don't need new reasons to attack. Anytime they have an opportunity, they will do so. They would of course wait until the time when they believe the country is at its weakest and they are at their strongest. I personally believe this is far from the case right now, but time will tell on that point. It is my opinion that if we change our thoughts/actions to appease terrorists, then they have won. I for one will not let the fear of terrorism terrorize me.