My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Time to say "Goodbye"

Started by maurice clark, 08/09/2016 08:02AM
Posted 08/09/2016 08:02AM | Edited 08/09/2016 08:02AM Opening Post
Hi All,

After 16 years of working in and touring around your country, it is finally time to say "Goodbye". I retired 6 weeks ago and after driving over 10,000 miles in 4 weeks, exploring every state west of the Mississippi, tomorrow I get on a plane and head back to Oz.

It has been a fascinating time learning about your culture and exploring your country. You have many beautiful and interesting places, and the way the different regions of your country are so different only enhances the interest.

While I have enjoyed my time over here, I have 5 acres waiting for an observatory and the spectacular southern skies waiting. If anyone is interested in heading "down under" sometime to see the southern skies, PM me and I can send you my email. I will be able to access this site until May of next year. After that I will not be able to renew my membership as I will not have a credit card.

Play nice and clear skies to everyone.

Maurice

PS:- Good luck in the election....... I think you are going to need it!!!!! 8O grin

* Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a day.
* Teach a man to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks.
Posted 08/09/2016 10:28AM #1
Bon Voyage~ grin

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 08/09/2016 02:47PM #2
Posted 08/10/2016 07:47AM #3
Maurice Clark said:

Hi All,

After 16 years of working in and touring around your country, it is finally time to say "Goodbye". I retired 6 weeks ago and after driving over 10,000 miles in 4 weeks, exploring every state west of the Mississippi, tomorrow I get on a plane and head back to Oz.

It has been a fascinating time learning about your culture and exploring your country. You have many beautiful and interesting places, and the way the different regions of your country are so different only enhances the interest.

While I have enjoyed my time over here, I have 5 acres waiting for an observatory and the spectacular southern skies waiting. If anyone is interested in heading "down under" sometime to see the southern skies, PM me and I can send you my email. I will be able to access this site until May of next year. After that I will not be able to renew my membership as I will not have a credit card.

Play nice and clear skies to everyone.

Maurice

PS:- Good luck in the election....... I think you are going to need it!!!!! 8O grin

Hi Maurice:

Have a truly extraordinary retirement! It has been a lot of fun getting to know you here!

Jim