At Least 6 Justices still believe in the Bill of Rights

Started by richartisticwoods, 06/23/2022 10:37PM
Posted 06/29/2022 11:54PM | Edited 06/29/2022 11:54PM #80
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Where does that say that Ornato confirmed that he was irate and wanted to go to the capitol?

It doesn't.  From what I read, SHE said it.  Do you understand the difference?

If the article confirms that HE told the reporter that, then point it out.  

I didn't see it.

I'll look for your next response.

"The Secret Service officials could be anyone".  I didn't see it where it said Ornato confirmed that he was Irate.  I didn't read where it stated "we confirmed through Ornato and Ornato doesn't dispute that Trump was angry.

You DO understand that what you say are the words of a CBS reporter. 

I don't see quotes do you?

That would be a big NO.  
Yes, I should have said that the officials did not dispute the account, not that they confirmed it.

"The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee."

We will find out under oath what happened.
Posted 06/29/2022 11:55PM #81
Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

See, this is where you have to tap into your inner scientist and realize there are other options.

The most plausible is that the guy either exaggerated what happened for effect or he used hyperbole to describe the intensity of Trumps protestations. Other options are possible, as well as the one you suggest. She has a pretty sparse list of reasons as to why she would outright lie about this and an avalanche of reasons to not fabricate something like this. We will find out under oath shortly.
And no, there is no indication that the Inquisition will call forth these agents to testify.

They aren't interested in counter evidence.

This is a kangaroo court.  Did you already forget that?  wink
Posted 06/29/2022 11:56PM #82
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

And no, there is no indication that the Inquisition will call forth these agents to testify.

They aren't interested in counter evidence.

This is a kangaroo court.  Did you already forget that?  wink

However, a source close to the Secret Service confirmed to CBS News that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was physically attacked or assaulted by Trump and that the former president never lunged for the steering wheel of the vehicle.

The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee.
Posted 06/29/2022 11:56PM #83
Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

Yes, I should have said that the officials did not dispute the account, not that they confirmed it.

"The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee."

We will find out under oath what happened.
And again, I'll just say YES that's the reporter's account of it.

We don't know jack shit yet, however we DO Know that these guys were so pissed off at her lies and BS that they agreed to immediately testify.

How often does that happen?  
Posted 06/29/2022 11:57PM #84
Gotta' run now, I'm late for the rest of the day!   smile