How Long Can the Dems Run With This?

Started by Mel M, 04/18/2019 11:21PM
Posted 04/22/2019 11:37AM #30
Let's begin, shall we, with my favorite Trump whopper of the evening. The Russian adoption meeting at Trump tower. The one in which Trump Jr thought he was going to get dirt on Hillary Clinton and gleefully exclaimed, "I love it"!  Trump Sr initially denied knowing about the meeting, when, in fact, he actually concocted the cockamamie cover story that it was for Russian adoptions.(Creative, wasn't he?)
For his other equally profane whoopers, read on:
http://time.com/5574120/mueller-report-trump-truth/
And, yes, the media did get it right:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-russia-mueller-report-mainstream-media-20190419-story.html
Posted 04/22/2019 11:53PM #31
That's it?
But the dossier was not true.
Your links against two years of bs is like a boy tinkling in the Mississippi.
When was the last time you said the Dems were wrong?
Posted 04/23/2019 12:37AM | Edited 04/23/2019 12:38AM #32
Why do you guys think Trump said this upon learning of the Mueller investigation.

This is from the report: [W]hen Sessions told the president that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked."

That's not what an innocent man would say.
Posted 04/23/2019 01:22AM | Edited 04/23/2019 01:24AM #33
Every president, guilty or innocent, knows a special counsel ruins the image and historical placing of the presidency. None have came out untarnished.
Posted 04/23/2019 01:39AM #34
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Why do you guys think Trump said this upon learning of the Mueller investigation.

This is from the report: [W]hen Sessions told the president that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked."

If you read the report he said, "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I can't do anything. This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me."
Posted 04/23/2019 02:14AM #35
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Resorting to selective quoting LOL.....go ahead and put it in context Jim.....it wont hurt for long smile

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 04/23/2019 08:30AM #36
Well I'm just glad it all worked out and it's good to know that Giuliani's message that it's ok to get your info from Russia passes the Rich Davis sniff test with flying colors.
Making me equally happy is Trump's meeting in Trump towers to discuss Russian adoptions may very well bear fruit and allow someone like Rich Davis to adopt a little one like Shotketvesky (shot for short) Nikolai Gunakov (nick named "Gunner"wink into his own home. There he will learn the fine art of firearms (at age 2) and the differences between "leftists" and right wingers so he can fulfill his destiny and live up to his nick name. Can't wait to see the little tyke with Ar 15 (instead of an AK). We all know Rich will take care of it...  
Posted 04/23/2019 12:21PM #37
My favorite part of the Democratic spokesman response to the Clinton campaign funding the Steele Dossier:
Brian Fallon, who served as a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, on Tuesday wrote on Twitter that he did not know that Mr. Steele had been working on behalf of the Clinton campaign before the election.“If I had, I would have volunteered to go to Europe and try to help him,” Mr. Fallon wrote.
And who does Trump side with in determining whether or not Russia interfered with the 2016 election? It's not our own intel agencies, it's his comrade, Vlad...

Posted 04/24/2019 09:31AM #38
"Fusion had been hired to get information on Trump during the primaries by a Republican media firm, Washington Free Beacon. When Trump became the Republican nominee, the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party began picking up the tab for the Fusion research. Fusion owner Glenn Simpson hired Steele, a Russia expert, to gather information from his sources in Russia."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/fbi-releases-documents-showing-payments-trump-dossier-author-steele-n897506
I see the FBI picked up some of the tab for paying Steele, too. But Steele eventually backed out of the deal. So there were multiple payors in this party. 
But I see certain cons have cherry picked the one they want and developed selective amnesia about the rest...