Farm Pond

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Senior Republican Congressman Breaks Ranks on Iraq

Started by Rod Kaufman, 08/18/2004 06:55PM
Posted 08/18/2004 06:55PM Opening Post
Rep. Doug Bereuter of Nebraska,who,until recently was the vice chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, stated in a letter to his constituents,"I've reached the conclusion...it was a mistake to launch that military action, especially without a broad and engaged international coalition". The cost in casulties is already large and growing, and the immediate and long-term costs are incredible".He further stated,"Left unresolved for now is whether intelligence was intentionally misconstrued to justify military action". Congressional republicans were reportedly surprised and angry at his comments. There was no response from the White House to his charges...
Posted 08/18/2004 07:27PM #1
"He intends to make no more statements on the subject..." How many more does he have to make?
The panel he was vice chairman of reviewed the evidence the administration cited before going to war, according to CNN. I think he is in a better position to know than you...
Posted 08/18/2004 07:43PM #2
You guys that scream so much about what you call flip-flopping. I call it just changing your mind.

My God, if I hadn't changed my mind (flip-flopped your words) I'd still be married to Mrs. Prior. That would be a fate worse than death.

A person that doesn't change his mind, in the face of evidence to do so, is an idiot of the first water!

Of course BWG isn't guilty of this very often. He can't make up his mind without the Cheney coach.

Darrell

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."