So, I guess you are all OK with this? #2

Started by jimmoscheck, 06/11/2020 02:15AM
Posted 06/14/2020 11:32PM | Edited 06/14/2020 11:33PM #80
Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

Says the "man" living in lily-white Lincroft.sleeping  I guess there must be a lot of oppression of those 30+ blacks living there. Maybe the number has increased to 40 since this is the 2010 data. I suggest you crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of. Stay in your little fantasy world.

The 2010 United States Census counted 6,135 people, 2,102 households, and 1,675.294 families in the CDP. The population density was 1,099.5 per square mile (424.5/km2). There were 2,159 housing units at an average density of 386.9 per square mile (149.4/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.77% (5,814) White, 0.52% (32) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 3.26% (200) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.23% (14) from other races, and 1.22% (75) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.55% (218) of the population.[3]
Why, is Lincroft so "lily white"?   

Could it be the income gap between Whites and Black/hispanic people is so large that statistically large numbers of the latter groups cannot afford to live there?

Or, admittedly less likely, is there a systematic resistance among white residents to allowing people of colour to move in there?  

Or could it be black/hispanic people don't want to live there? This last question engenders more questions - why don't they want to live there?  What could cause certain people to not want to live in what is surely a 'nice' or 'desirable' community with good schools and beautifully kept homes?

What other reasons could there be for there to be communities scattered all across the USA that are 95% or 98% "White"?   Seriously, what other reason than one, two or all three of the possible reasons I listed above?  Please outline a reason that I have not considered....

Income Gap data
Dave
Posted 06/15/2020 01:30AM #81
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

You give us your answers.  

All you've done is pose questions.  You claim you gave reasons, you didn't you offered questions.  

So now there is "systematic resistance of whites" against allowing Black individuals to move into their neighborhoods?

How does that manifest itself?

Are the whites in these neighborhoods getting together and plotting to keep out Black families?

Give support to your ridiculous claims. 
Rhetorical questions are not claims.  They are asked in order to foster discussion on this topic.

I've posed 3 possible scenarios which might create the ethnic mix seen in communities like the one in question.

I freely admit there may be a reason or two that did not occur to me and i have asked if anyone can suggest such reasons.

Please make a suggestion....

And now, a true story from my youth which speaks to the "systematic resistance of whites" scenario. 

My gran and gramps lived near us in Toronto in the 1960's.   They were active members of the Loyal Orange Lodge which was/is a poorly disguised  "Service Organization" which actively sought to limit jobs, housing and other aspects of normal life to Roman Catholics.  It was an anti-Irish thing, brought with many English folks when they immigrated to Canada.

I was present one day when gran was selling her house and she was attempting to instruct the real estate agent to show the house "only to our kind."  There was a hell of an argument in the kitchen between the real estate agent on the one side and my parents  and grandparents on the other.  The agent was trying to say that he was not allowed to discriminate like that and after much arguing and further mentions of "our kind" and "those people" etc. the agent was fired.  Mind you, this wasn't about black people or latinos - it was about Catholics!  Gran didn't want "them" in our neighborhood.  Some other agent was engaged and eventually sold the house to a newly immigrated family from England who were Orangemen too.  Gran got her way and the protestant-only neighborhood lasted a while longer..

I tell this story because if one little old lady can have a clear and strong hand in controlling the ethnicity and religion of a family moving into an area imagine what a group of like-minded folks could do along with a couple of cooperative real estate firms.  Gated communities, private security guards.....It's NIMBY in its most pure form. 

Restricting "the other" from memberships in golf clubs, social clubs, schools, Universities, certain townships in the south had 'sundown' rules until quite recently etc., etc.  No Black allowed.  Jim Crow laws...(Research what happened behind the scenes when Calvin Peete became the first black golfer to get into the Masters at Augusta National.)      

Systematic white resistance is certainly a viable scenario which might explain the existence of some "Lily-White" communities.  

Dave
Posted 06/15/2020 04:02AM #82
Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Nice story.

So your parents and grandparents were religious bigots.  Yup. I can tell many tales from then and about my struggle as a teenager and young adult to rid myself of this aspect of my upbringing...

We all know the past. 

We know that bigotry existed in the nation and that the KKK arose out of the Democrat party. Irrelevant to this discussion.  I've not mentioned political parties.  And bigotry still exists.

We know about the Jim Crow laws down South that were instituted by the Democrat party. 
Irrelevant to this discussion.  I've not mentioned political parties.   

What does that have to do with the assertions of "systemic racism" against blacks today, the notion that is falsely being propagated by Democrats and leftists,  asserting that this system exists against blacks because of the color of their skin?   Extrapolate from my Gran to larger numbers of people organized to a purpose.  You get enough people it can become 'systematic'... 

That story applies to many groups back in the days, when there was segregation, and Jim Crow laws instituted by the Democrat party, which Republicans fought against.  Irrelevant to this discussion.  I've not mentioned political parties.

One of the many reasons the Republican party arose was because of the bigotry and hatred of the Democrat party against blacks and other ethnic groups that emigrated to this nation over the last 200 years.  Doesn't address why there are "Lily White" communities.

The Republicans fought against the rotten Democrat party that gave us all these wonderful segregated schools, workplaces, and communities in the South back before the Civil Rights "revolution" of sorts.  

The Repubs fought against the Dred Scott decision given to us by the liberal Democrat Supreme Court at the time Under the auspices of Democrat Chief Justice Roger Taney.  In the first half of the 19th century.....Not relevant..... 

You have provided not a scintilla of evidence to support your crazy claim that in that area of NJ, groups of whites and bankers are getting together to keep out blacks and other minorities. Bankers?  Who mentioned bankers? 

Your creative lunacy is just that, and completely unsupported by anything you've said above.  

When you come up with the slightest bit of evidence you let us know.  Again, I'm trying to find out what other people think is the reason that there are "Lily White" communities.....

Until then I reject your crazy thoughts that arise in your warped and twisted leftist mind.

I'll take a page from your book, Richard, and ask you a direct question:

Why are there "Lily White" communities? What is behind this phenomenon?   (OK that's two questions....)

Dave 
Posted 06/15/2020 05:03AM #83
Originally Posted by David Cotterell

I'll take a page from your book, Richard, and ask you a direct question:

Why are there "Lily White" communities? What is behind this phenomenon?   (OK that's two questions....)

Dave 
Dave, if you go back to one of Richard's posts where he referenced Thomas Sowell, that might be a factor.

Darian R.