Image of the day

Captured by
Silvia Oschatz

NGC 6992 "bone hand"

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Strong July Jobs Report!

Started by Rod Kaufman, 08/05/2022 06:21PM
Posted 08/05/2022 06:21PM | Edited 08/05/2022 06:21PM Opening Post
"The labor market added 528,000 jobs in July, easily beating a Dow Jones estimate of 258,000" "...as it seemed to indicate the economy was currently in a recession"
"The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5%, below a 3.6% estimate"
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/04/stock-market-news-futures-open-to-close.html
Posted 08/06/2022 02:32AM #1
Wait, I thought we were heading towards a recession. 

Probably fake numbers, huh Rich?
Posted 08/06/2022 11:19AM #2
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Wait, I thought we were heading towards a recession. 

Probably fake numbers, huh Rich?

Biden can't do anything right, can he? Leave it to the woke Democratic mob to ruin a good recession.
Posted 08/06/2022 11:33AM #3
Originally Posted by James Lacey


Biden can't do anything right, can he? Leave it to the woke Democratic mob to ruin a good recession.
Biden did have a pretty good week. Now it's all about messaging. 
Posted 08/06/2022 02:48PM #4
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Biden did have a pretty good week. Now it's all about messaging. 

Democrats need to paint Republicans as radical extremists who want to strip you of your liberties and freedoms, ban books, and install authoritarian leaders. The stuff going on at CPAC is nuts. Of course, CPAC doesn't define the whole party, but it is a bellwether of its direction.
Posted 08/06/2022 04:52PM | Edited 08/06/2022 04:55PM #5
Originally Posted by James Lacey


Democrats need to paint Republicans as radical extremists who want to strip you of your liberties and freedoms, ban books, and install authoritarian leaders. The stuff going on at CPAC is nuts. Of course, CPAC doesn't define the whole party, but it is a bellwether of its direction.
Where is Richard to refute this jobs report. He was pretty adamant a recession is looming.

I paid 3.69/gal for gas yesterday. The labor problems at my store have been resolved, for now, and I've been able to hire four new people which will really help out. Glad I'm doing my part to help out the economy.

BTW - How many employees have you hired this year Richard? 
Posted 08/06/2022 05:25PM #6
Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Where is Richard to refute this jobs report. He was pretty adamant a recession is looming.

He's hiding under his desk while wearing a skirt. Loser.
Posted 08/07/2022 04:15PM #7
Originally Posted by James Lacey


He's hiding under his desk while wearing a skirt. Loser.
Don't you start with this sort of thing...Bad enough that one guy around here does it.

Dave
Posted 08/07/2022 04:33PM #8
Originally Posted by David Cotterell

Don't you start with this sort of thing...Bad enough that one guy around here does it.

Dave

It's clearly mimicry meant to throw up a mirror of self-reflection for Rich. It never works, but alas, we try anyway. Of  course, if I wanted to channel Rich accurately, I would have said more like, "He's hiding under his desk, wearing a skirt, thinking about transitioning while scratching his monkeypox." Don't let Rich fool you. He hasn't changed because he's taken a hiatus and is considering building a DOB. When he returns, he'll be as bad as ever. He's merely cooling off after the most recent blizzard of posts he delivered. Once the emotional release that activity gave him wears off, he'll be back.