We're In Big Trouble!

Started by Sailcat, 04/10/2004 05:40PM
Posted 04/10/2004 05:40PM Opening Post
We have invaded a sovereign nation under the flimsiest of pretexts, squandered the international respect earned by two centuries of good works, made fools of our allies, and completely lost the world's sympathy and good will from the attacks of 9/11, yet we in the U.S. still bicker about whether we had the "right" to attack Iraq. Unless we put our foreign policy...and moral compass...back on track, we can expect more terrorist attacks on this great nation by individuals who believe they're completely justified in their actions. Our government must take responsibility for the situation in the Middle East and put an end to the fighting. It's time to get in contact with your congressmen and leaders to express your concern and outrage. It's time to put aside partisan loyalties and make our voices heard. Let's do the right thing and ask the government to do the same.

Walter Locke

Walter Locke
"The Fearless Spectator"

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.
Richard Feynman
US educator & physicist (1918 - 1988)

Posted 04/14/2004 12:26AM #1
Walter,
I understand your sentiments and I sympathize with some of them, not all. Right now, we are in the middle of a war. Regardless or the pretexts that led us to that war, it is a war none the less. You folks can drag G.W. Bush out and tar & feather him for all I care. I only ask that you wait for our boys to come home first. Right now, Bush is commander & chief regardless of whether we like it or not. This continual degrading and public criticism of the actions taken in Iraq at this point in time, can only hurt the cause, unless you feel your cause is sedition.

For those of you who will wave the First Amendment in response, save it. Viet Nam was the first military action where what the media reported wasn't strictly controlled. FDR probably violated more people's 1st Amendment rights than any other president in history.