NGC4216 with supernova 2024gy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Will A Con Byrna?

Started by Rod Kaufman, 01/20/2022 10:11AM
Posted 01/20/2022 10:11AM Opening Post
Saw this advertised on CNN: basically it's a glock-like co2 powered handgun-like device that shoots nonlethal musket-like sting balls into potential assailants:
https://byrna.com/
Now I'm guessing cons like the real deal instead but I'd thought I'd ask...
Posted 01/21/2022 03:29AM #1
Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Saw this advertised on CNN: basically it's a glock-like co2 powered handgun-like device that shoots nonlethal musket-like sting balls into potential assailants:
https://byrna.com/
Now I'm guessing cons like the real deal instead but I'd thought I'd ask...
Hi Rod:

I looked it over, as you probably recall I am not a gun owner myself, although I have some hunting experience from my youth.  One thing intrigued me on their web page - you and your brethren in New York can not buy these.  See below.  I do not know if it is illegal to own them.  This seems pretty counterintuitive to me.  Does California want to force you into the gun market if you are interested in defending your family?  Any insight?  Jim

Attached Image:

jameslbrown's attachment for post 186199
Posted 01/21/2022 05:25AM #2
Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Rod:

I looked it over, as you probably recall I am not a gun owner myself, although I have some hunting experience from my youth.  One thing intrigued me on their web page - you and your brethren in New York can not buy these.  See below.  I do not know if it is illegal to own them.  This seems pretty counterintuitive to me.  Does California want to force you into the gun market if you are interested in defending your family?  Any insight?  Jim
Thanks for the comments and info, Jim. I wasn't aware of the restriction to California or other states. It's not clear to me if the "gun" or launcher as it's called is restricted or only some of the ammo it shoots. Anyhow, your point is well-taken.
Posted 01/21/2022 07:29AM #3
Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Thanks for the comments and info, Jim. I wasn't aware of the restriction to California or other states. It's not clear to me if the "gun" or launcher as it's called is restricted or only some of the ammo it shoots. Anyhow, your point is well-taken.
Upon further review, it looks like only the tear-gas or pepper spray ammo in CA.  Everything in NYC though.  
Posted 01/22/2022 04:19AM #4
It was a great day when I moved away from the laws of liberal CA Dem politicians. Liberal politicians also increase the cost of living a few hundred dollars a month.