Register an account...

Need Help?

Allow HOTMAIL and YAHOO on AstroMart

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 11/09/2005 01:22AM #20
Mike Maas said:
The reason I wish to use a yahoo or gmail address is that I don't intend to stay with adelphia forever and I try not to use their email since it will only cause difficulty when I do move on.

An alternative you might want to consider is registering your own domain name and parking it with an inexpensive service. I use DomainDirect (dot com), but there are dozens of other parking services. I get something like 10 HTTP forwarding URLs and eight mailboxes that can be forwarded.

When I recently changed ISPs, all I had to do was log into my DomainDirect account and change the forwarding to the new ISP. There was no interruption to my Web site or email service.

It's not free, but it certainly makes life easier in a world filled with change.

Mike
Posted 11/09/2005 08:30PM #21
The rating system and user history remain the number one tools for evaluating sellers. Even if someone has a "blue ribbon" ISP email, I'm not going to send $1000 to someone who joined yesterday and has no ratings unless he's prepared to accept payment after delivery.