New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Astromart's Person/s of the Year is....

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 03:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 12/16/2010 09:01PM #1
This is a strange poll. Are we feeling goofy or will the deep thoughts be revealed later?

"I know engineers. They love to change things."

- Leonard McCoy (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
Posted 12/17/2010 05:04AM #2
I'm waiting to see how many idolize someone trying to take down the U.S.... >sad

Guy Jordan said:

This is a strange poll. Are we feeling goofy or will the deep thoughts be revealed later?
Posted 12/17/2010 09:40AM | Edited 12/17/2010 09:41AM #3
Strange indeed. I'm not sure why the Special Forces are on the list, but I voted for them over the other 3 tools listed. I don't get any of the individual nominees because I thought to be "Person of the year", you had to do something good instead of just getting famous, or lining your pockets with cash. I don't think any of their "accomplishments" this year have done much to improve (or even worsen) the human condition.
Posted 12/17/2010 01:22PM #4
I'll bite; what's the twist?

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 12/17/2010 02:16PM #5
Never mind, I think I got it. The first three are on the list, the fourth isn't. sad

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 12/17/2010 03:12PM #6
With no guidelines set, I am sure many of us adopted Time Magazine's criteria: the man woman or idea which, for better or worse has had the greatest impact on events of the preceding year.
In addition to Time's list of nice guys they have, among others, chosen Hitler, Stalin and Nixon. So it seems to me anarchists, fascists and despots have an equal shot at being person of the year.