New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

If you are born in the USA you .....

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 03:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 08/14/2010 01:08AM #1
Doesn't the result of this poll mean that; NONE of the children of the of the original European colonists of America would have qualified for American citezenship ? Therefore, the only real Americans are Native American Indians, whose parents were born in the land now called America. So, whose gonna be the first to return home ? grin
Posted 08/14/2010 04:36AM #2
You would need to apply for it, not be granted it automatically.

Anca Gafencu said:

That would seem the most sensible option here, but it is missing from the poll
Posted 08/14/2010 04:41AM #3
Nice try.. Since the early settlers were here before the Constitution was written, and the citizenship amendment added, all those are grandfathered in. smile

John cameron said:

Doesn't the result of this poll mean that; NONE of the children of the of the original European colonists of America would have qualified for American citezenship ? Therefore, the only real Americans are Native American Indians, whose parents were born in the land now called America. So, whose gonna be the first to return home ? grin
Posted 08/14/2010 06:52AM #4
John cameron said:

Let's make it clear for those who may be new to the site: what is really meant here is that you cannot be a citizen if your mama came from Latin America or the Middle East. Northern Europeans, walk right in.
Posted 08/14/2010 09:16AM #5
Just to make it clear: my post is totally ANTI - racist. My point - made tongue in cheek to lighten the issue a little - is that, if you bring in this sort of legislation, where exactly do you draw the line ?
Posted 08/14/2010 09:45AM | Edited 08/14/2010 09:46AM #6
Take your race card and stuff it. Just because your parents were "legally here", doesn't make them citizens. If they became legal citizens, then everything that took place after that becomes fine with me. Get this straight, nobody is "anti-immigrant". But can you spell and comprehend LEGAL immigrant? Because it's the LEGAL part that counts, not where you came from!.

rafael guissarri said:

Well, I was born in the USA from Latin American Parents (legally here), well after the constitution was written. Does this mean that if all the anti-inmigrants gets theirs I will loose my citizenship and have to pack and leave? How about my daughter? Does she get to stay? Does the fact that my parents were legally here affect this? How many generations do we go back to see who was here illegally?
Please let me know my anti-latino friends. I want to be able to plan ahead.
I say if you are a racist, just come out and say it, attempts of rationalizing don't fool most of us.
Posted 08/14/2010 09:51AM #7
You draw the line at the borders and make everything legal according to the laws and procedures. How is it that nobody can comprehend the LEGAL part? That's it, NO "racism" whatsoever.
It's really funny, if I were to break any laws, I have to "pay the piper". If a "Latin American" here ILLEGALLY breaks the law, they are exempt????? Our laws in this country are applied equally to all. Equal Justice, not "Social Justice".

John cameron said:

Just to make it clear: my post is totally ANTI - racist. My point - made tongue in cheek to lighten the issue a little - is that, if you bring in this sort of legislation, where exactly do you draw the line ?