Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Orion setting over Mount Whitney

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

In 50 years who is the leader in space exploration?

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 03:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 09/02/2008 06:33PM #1

Human, robotic, or both?
Posted 09/04/2008 04:17PM #2
I think I must have missed something.
Who put humans on the moon? Who has sent more than one successful lander to Mars? Who has sent probes to Mercury & Venus? Who has sent probes to the larger planets and finally out of the solar system? Has China done 30+% of that [as of 9/4/08]? Russia deserves a sentimental vote for Sputnik and for first putting people in space around Earth.
What are we measuring here? :S
Posted 09/05/2008 03:51PM #3
After 50 years of space exploration who is the leader? is how the question should have been phrased. The current phrasing of the question could be misconstrued as ; in 50 years from now who will be the leader in space exploration?
Posted 09/07/2008 03:12PM #4
If so, I win... Yea me.

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me." -I don't know who

-Guy

(ps, don't forget about Venera)

Richard Wright said:

We are measuring the diameter of our paranoia.

Philip Davis said:

I think I must have missed something.
Who put humans on the moon? Who has sent more than one successful lander to Mars? Who has sent probes to Mercury & Venus? Who has sent probes to the larger planets and finally out of the solar system? Has China done 30+% of that [as of 9/4/08]? Russia deserves a sentimental vote for Sputnik and for first putting people in space around Earth.
What are we measuring here? :S

"I know engineers. They love to change things."

- Leonard McCoy (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)