New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

My Congressperson/s ......

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 07/31/2010 03:08AM #1
Well he choose to retire...something many others up there should do...you know with dignity.
Posted 08/01/2010 01:37AM #2
It is lucky he retired or his clock would have been cleaned in the primary.
Posted 08/01/2010 10:57PM #3
My Rep. is Pete Stark.

One good example of a very bad Congressman.

I would vote for just about anyone to replace Stark.

Still, it looks like we might have to vote incumbants out as often as we can until Repulicats finally "get-it" that the public has determined their "two-card-Monty" game has been found out.

Or maybe there will arise a potent third political party that is strong enough to whip the established "Ruling Class."
Posted 08/02/2010 08:32PM #4
I'm in favor of enforcing a two term limit. Career politicians are not good for the country.
Posted 08/02/2010 11:28PM #5
I agree. They are supposed to be serving the people, not making a career out of it. We're supposed to be taking turns so one person's influence doesn't dominate for centuries. And they should NOT be getting extravagant retirements and "special" benefits on top of all the perks. It's just a temporary position. Since our government is supposed to made of, for, and by the people, they should only have the same "benefits" as the average person. No "special" healthcare, no "special" retirement, no "special" treatment once they leave office.

Charles Packard said:

I'm in favor of enforcing a two term limit. Career politicians are not good for the country.
Posted 08/03/2010 07:10AM #6
I used to be against the term limit idea because of the few really good ones but everybody has a few good favorites, depending upon each individual's political bent. Unfortunately, so many of them become institutions themselves. This stymies necessary rules & proceduaral changes that might actually allow them to get something done. Rookie legislators come in with high hopes of accomplishment only to be slapped down by seniority. Entrenched leadership in either party seems to promote hardline dysfunction instead of intelligent discourse and constructive compromise. Yes, it may be time for term limits. We've got to try something different.
Posted 08/25/2010 04:16PM #7
Charles, I am 100% on board with your idea.

Today is the day after the Arizona primary election. John McCain "won." I had high hopes of retiring him.

Nearly EVERY incumbant deserves to be voted out of the House and Senate. Period.