Register an account...

Need Help?

The One Trillion $ stimulus

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 09/08/2010 01:37AM #1
Joe "J.D." Metzger said:

The way I see it, without the stimulus and the bail-outs, we could very well be in the depths of the worst depression in US history. But hey, that's just an opinion. I don't think anyone can ever know for sure...

Joe:
This poll has nothing to do with the stimulus; it's about Mr. Obama.
BTW, the first proposal for a $700 billion stimulus came from the Bush administration in August 2008, two months before Obama was elected. That got the ball rolling.
Posted 09/08/2010 04:00AM #2
But the Congress was in the hands of the Liberals and they were going to have the stimulus regardless of what Bush or the Republicans wanted or thought.
Posted 09/08/2010 02:13PM #3
louis church said:

But the Congress was in the hands of the Liberals and they were going to have the stimulus regardless of what Bush or the Republicans wanted or thought.

Please reread my post. It was the administration that proposed the stim, despite questions about how the $700 billion figure was calculated. Of course the legislation was passed by the Congress, according to the rules of the Constitution. What politician-- liberal, conservative, whatever-- would be opposed to economic stimulation during their term of office? The larger issue here is whether the poll question was politically motivated. No one has the slightest idea whether the stim has actually worked, as Mr. Metzger pointed out, and so the response to the question was predictable. It is a referendum on the current administration.
Posted 09/10/2010 03:00PM #4
Stimulus and bailouts did help me. Can't say I was in favor of the bank bailouts, but it did save jobs for about 20 of my coworkers and friends who dothe majority fo their work for AIG.
New home buyer credit helped me dump a property in a slum for a profit.
GM bailout kept me from having to lose my warranty.
I'm just saying.
Posted 09/15/2010 02:51PM #5
Who are the "Liberals"? Washington politicians blow around like dust in the wind.