A Metaphysical Speculation

Started by pkamm, 01/29/2003 02:35PM
Posted 01/29/2003 02:35PM Opening Post
Suppose intelligent life, whether it's just us, or us plus many various alien forms, or just the alien forms if we do ourselves in, continues to evolve.

Suppose the evolution of consciousness continues for millions, and then billions, of years to the point where it is limited not just to existence through EM waves as we know consciousness now, but through the other forces as well, be it gravity waves, or whatever.

Suppose such consciousness reached a point of development, say a trillion years from now, where it was no longer bound by ordinary 4-dimensional spacetime and had the capacity to exist "outside" in the extradimensional realm, outside of ordinary time, in effect being "Eternal" and being so extremely evolved at this point to have the power to influence space, exert forces, spawn Universes, what have you.

Viewed from any conceivable perceptive or philosophical angle, would this be in any way distinguishable from "God"?

Could this have occurred already many 'universes' ago?

Does the phrase 'have occurred' even have any meaning in such an extradimensional context?
Posted 01/29/2003 04:18PM #1
Paul,
I posted this before, but here is is again as adding possibly to your speculation. Considering the unbelievably dynamic nature of humans, I personally think that we are evolving, have evolved, and will evolve, extradimensionally as you imply. I also think that man's full potential is far from being realized.

"We are therefore not appearing for the first time when we come upon this planet, but have pursued a long, an immeasurable course of activity and intelligent perception on other systems of globes, some of which were destroyed ages before the solar system condensed. This immense reach of the evolutionary system means, then, that this planet on which we now are is the result of the activity and the evolution of some other one that died long ago, leaving its energy to be used in the bringing into existence of the earth, and that the inhabitants of the latter in their turn came from some older world to proceed here with the destined work in matter." (written in 1893, G. dePurucker)