Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ante Jesus (not Trolling)

Started by jameswilliamjohnson, 06/25/2012 02:00AM
Posted 06/25/2012 02:00AM Opening Post
Jim B mentioned Ghandi in heaven in an earlier post. Since only the saved can enter heaven, how will good people who lived before Jesus (including Abraham, Moses, David) enter heaven? Jesus stated that at that time King David was still in his grave. Also what about those born after Jesus who never heard the good news? I am curious as to the differing views on this topic. It was my understanding that after Armageddon there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous and at that time they will get a chance to choose. That view would mean that none of these were in heaven or hell.

Jim J

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." - Thomas Sowell
Posted 06/25/2012 02:52AM | Edited 06/25/2012 02:56AM #1
The issue of whether people go directly to heaven or hell when they die, or whether they are simply asleep until the second coming of Jesus is one of the big conundrums of Christianity and like so many things in Christianity there is no definitive answer.

What we believe mostly in American culture is that there is an immediate judgement upon death. However, a substantial case can be made that this is not what the Bible teaches.

The truth is that what American/Western popular culture believes about what happens to us when we dies is a mixture of Christian scripture and Greek thinking about body, mind and soul.

Similar questions that are not fully answered are "Will infants go to heaven or hell?", "Will people who never had the opportunity to hear about Jesus go to heaven or hell?", and so on.
Posted 06/26/2012 07:21PM #2
Jim Johnson said:

Jim B mentioned Ghandi in heaven in an earlier post. Since only the saved can enter heaven, how will good people who lived before Jesus (including Abraham, Moses, David) enter heaven? Jesus stated that at that time King David was still in his grave. Also what about those born after Jesus who never heard the good news? I am curious as to the differing views on this topic. It was my understanding that after Armageddon there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous and at that time they will get a chance to choose. That view would mean that none of these were in heaven or hell.

Jim J

The book of Romans has all your answers, specifically the first 8 chapters. Faith has always been the source of salvation, OT and NT, and the object of that faith has always been the person of Jesus Christ. OT, faith in His coming, NT, faith in His completed work.

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "