Venus Transit and Plane

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

End-times events

Started by dmatulis, 08/08/2011 12:00PM
Posted 08/08/2011 12:00PM Opening Post
Given the events of the last few weeks and days and the worsening of the US economy and debt exceeding GDP and no real way in the physical world to fix this country, it got me wondering about end time prophecies in the Bible and what America's role will be, so I started to look into those prophecies a little further. My thoughts were that the world's super-power and economical leadership should play a major role in end-time events. What I found is no indication that the most powerful nation on earth, until about 2008 or 2009 anyway, has no role end-time events. How can this be? Answer, America does not exist as a nation during these coming events. I think that is what is happening before our eyes, our country is dying a slow death and will not exist as it once was within the next few years. God has raised leaders that are totally incompetent and/or are purposely destroying the country from within and without in preperation for God's final play of events on earth prior to Christ's second coming. Any thoughts on this?

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 08/08/2011 12:26PM | Edited 08/08/2011 01:03PM #1
Well...

[other text moderated out as off-topic]

But are these biblical end times? I don't think so. Why? Because I believe what Christ said, that the end will come like a thief in the night, and will not be predictable. It will just happen. All you can do is to be prepared every moment for when it does come.
Posted 08/09/2011 07:14AM #2
Rod Mollise said:

Heresy. "No man knows the hour of my coming." LOL.

Right!

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 08/09/2011 07:33AM | Edited 08/09/2011 07:34AM #3
Doug Matulis said:

Given the events of the last few weeks and days and the worsening of the US economy and debt exceeding GDP and no real way in the physical world to fix this country, it got me wondering about end time prophecies in the Bible and what America's role will be, so I started to look into those prophecies a little further. My thoughts were that the world's super-power and economical leadership should play a major role in end-time events. What I found is no indication that the most powerful nation on earth, until about 2008 or 2009 anyway, has no role end-time events. How can this be? Answer, America does not exist as a nation during these coming events. I think that is what is happening before our eyes, our country is dying a slow death and will not exist as it once was within the next few years. God has raised leaders that are totally incompetent and/or are purposely destroying the country from within and without in preperation for God's final play of events on earth prior to Christ's second coming. Any thoughts on this?

Hi Doug,
Optimist! Seriously, do you really think we're near the end of the world? I don't. Mankind's reign will end eventually, but life will go on one way or the other. It's hardly worth worrying about.

In any case the United States might suffer from non-leaders, corruption and a host of other political and economic problems, but we've gotten through those challenges before. The next big change may be political. Our political process worked under the assumed altruistic traits of elected officials. However they have shown almost without exception to be self centered and put the health of the country second or third. I'm not quite sure how to solve this problem, but the result is a polarized government that can't accomplish much more than puting a bandaid on a braiin tummor.

I don't beleive God "Smites" anyone or even a nation. Unless of course you count it being built into the fabric of the Universe. If you screw up the result will be bad. If you work hard to solve a problem, depending on how good a job you do, the results will be more positive.

It's all very simple. Study our politicians carefully and vote out the incompenent fools. Praying for guidance or for patience doesn't hurt.

No Doug, I don't think we're at the end, just a bigger speed bump than usual.

Thanks,
Steve
8)

Posted 08/09/2011 09:42AM #4
Rod Mollise said:

Heresy. "No man knows the hour of my coming." LOL.

I personally don't give a rip, but are you intentionally ignoring forum rules or do you not understand them? Willful disobedience or ignorance seem like the only two options.
Posted 08/13/2011 10:47AM #5
I hate when people say they are coming and then they don't show up until hours and hours after you expect them. You run around and get the house all cleaned up and then you have to wait and wait and wait. wink wink

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 08/13/2011 10:48AM #6
I've found the book of revelations to be very difficult to interpret. Have you specifically seen any of the seven signs of the apocalypse?

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]