ROSETTE

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Every religion has its zealots

Started by jameswilliamjohnson, 07/07/2012 08:51AM
Posted 07/07/2012 08:51AM Opening Post
http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-draft-pits-secular-jews-vs-ultra-orthodox-071228668.html

Ultra-orthodox Jews want special treatment. I'm proud of our Christian Fundamentalists - many serve in the armed forces, work hard for a living, usually don't rock or kiss the floor when they pray and I've never seen one try to wash his feet in the sink of a public bathroom. grin Not being sarcastic or facetious).

Jim J

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." - Thomas Sowell
Posted 07/07/2012 10:49AM #1
Thanks for your commentary, Jim.

I don't have any meaningful comment on the Jews in the article. Here is a biography of an American Christian who considered long and hard over whether he should stay out of the fight of his time. He stepped in and did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_C._York

what reminds me of Gideon.

Best,

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 07/07/2012 09:29PM #2
The Fourth Quarter Christian Church of Gainesville has no zealots. If the Gators happen to be on and it's the fourth quarter and they are losing, then we might pray. Otherwise, all non-essential prayer is banned so that essential prayers can get through. Essential prayers are ones that start with "Jesus Christ!!!!" and stomping on the brakes. Countless traffic tragedies could be avoided if the lord heard those prayers instead of all the ones that go "God is great. God is good. Let us thank him for our food." grin

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]