Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Snowy Piliated Woodpecker

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

First Recorded UFO Sighting : EZEKIEL 1

Started by Midnight Sun, 01/18/2003 02:54PM
Posted 01/18/2003 02:54PM Opening Post
Too long to include the entire 28 Verses, so I will for verbatim list what I was able to interrupt; from the following six Verses: Note* EZEKIEl makes available the date on which this event took place.
Verse 2: (chapter 1) *IN THE FIFTH DAY OF THE MONTH,WHICH WAS THE FIFTH YEAR OF KING JE-HOI'A-CHIN'S CAPTIVITY. he also provides the location of the sighting.
IN THE LAND OF THE CHALDEANS BY THE RIVER CHEBAR.
Verse 4: AND I LOOKED, AND, BEHOLD, A WHIRLWIND CAME OUT OF THE NORTH, A GREAT CLOUD, AND A FIRE INFOLDING ITSELF, AND A BRIGHTNESS WAS ABOUT IT, AND OUT OF THE MIDST THEREOF AS THE COLOUR OF AMBER, OUT OF THE MIDST OF FIRE.
Verse 5: ALSO OUT OF THE MIDST THEREOF CAME THE LIKENESS OF FOUR LIVING CREATURES. AND THIS WAS THEIR APPEARANCE; THEY HAD THE LIKENESS OF A MAN.
Verse 19: AND WHEN THE LIVING CREATURES WENT, THE WHEELS WENT BY THEM, AND WHEN THE LIVING CREATURES WERE LIFTED UP FROM THE EARTH, THE WHEELS WERE LIFTED UP.
Verse 24: AND WHEN THEY WENT, I HEARD THE NOISE OF THEIR WINGS, LIKE THE NOISE OF GREAT WATERS,
Verse 27: AND I SAW AS THE COLOUR OF AMBER, AS THE APPEARANCE OF FIRE ROUND ABOUT WITHIN IT,
So, my interpretation of what EZEKIEL witnessed that fateful day, way back when, was that of a vehicle of some
kind, The whirlwind he describes is probably the dust & debris being thrown up from the thrusters as the craft is decending. Then to his suprise four crewmen (alien) to his knowledge of what man looks like, "living creatures". emerge, Then as mysteriously as it arrived the lander lifts off, this time the Noise is noticably louder, have you ever been up close to a raging waterfall and tried to speak in a normal level? you can't be heard. And the color Amber is of course orange, the color of rocket exhaust fire. The landing gear is mentioned as "wheels". So thanks to His attention to detail Ole Zek has provided for us a vivid account of his " Encounter of the earliest kind ."
So now, like so many other "stories" in the Bible we will hear many varied interpretations of this "Vision." as I am assured my theory won't fly in too many Bible Circles.
JM.

Posted 01/18/2003 04:08PM #1
John - he obviously saw a Southwest Airlines jet taking off.
Posted 01/18/2003 10:15PM #2
I'll take a stab at this - That UFO thing out of Exekiel has been battered around for a long time. It reads like something from outer space but from all of the bibles that I can read that passage refers to angels, specifcally cherubim. If you read futher in Ezekiel to chapter 10 verse 15 it says just that - plainly. It reads that same way in all versions of the bible that I have ever seen (KJ, new KJ, new Americian standard, revised standard etc).
DAB