My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Happy Holyday's My Astrofriends

Started by ref68, 12/21/2010 10:28PM
Posted 12/21/2010 10:28PM Opening Post
Esselamu alejkum.
for being closer to Christmas ,I just want to share some verses of the Qur'an (as usually) about Isa's (Jesus)birth.

[COLOR="Green"]She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.[/[/COLOR]B]
(,Qur'an Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #47)

[B][COLOR="Green"](Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Îsa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Îsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah." [/COLOR]
( , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

[COLOR="Green"]And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of 'Imran who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Ruh [i.e. Jibril (Gabriel) ], and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord [i.e. believed in the Words of Allah: "Be!" - and he was; that is 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) as a Messenger of Allah], and (also believed in) His Scriptures, and she was of the Qanitun (i.e. obedient to Allah) . [/COLOR]( , At-Tahrim, Chapter #66, Verse #12)

Clear skies
Refet.
Posted 12/22/2010 07:14AM #1
Thank you Refet. I will celebrate the Yule. Here is some info for the Christians to ponder. Especially Doug. wink

Winter festivals were also common in Greece and Rome, as well as in the British Isles. When a new religion called Christianity popped up, the new hierarchy had trouble converting the Pagans, and as such, folks didn't want to give up their old holidays. Christian churches were built on old Pagan worship sites, and Pagan symbols were incorporated into the symbolism of Christianity. Within a few centuries, the Christians had everyone worshipping a new holiday celebrated on December 25.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulethelongestnight/p/Yule_History.htm

Bottom line is no matter what religion, or non-religion, most everyone in the northern hemisphere celebrates the passing of the shortest day of the year. Many were celebrating it as the "Birth of the Sun" signaling the days getting longer. Christians and Islam changed it to "The Son" for obvious reasons. grin

refet dehari said:

Esselamu alejkum.
for being closer to Christmas ,I just want to share some verses of the Qur'an (as usually) about Isa's (Jesus)birth.

[COLOR="Green"]She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.[/[/COLOR]B]
(,Qur'an Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #47)

[B][COLOR="Green"](Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'ÃŽsa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'ÃŽsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah." [/COLOR]
( , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

[COLOR="Green"]And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of 'Imran who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Ruh [i.e. Jibril (Gabriel) ], and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord [i.e. believed in the Words of Allah: "Be!" - and he was; that is 'ÃŽsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) as a Messenger of Allah], and (also believed in) His Scriptures, and she was of the Qanitun (i.e. obedient to Allah) . [/COLOR]( , At-Tahrim, Chapter #66, Verse #12)

Clear skies
Refet.
Posted 12/22/2010 07:27AM #2
Happy Holidays Refet!

Jim
Posted 12/22/2010 04:41PM #3
Hi Refet,
Fascinating quotes! It's always interesting to read how much alike two major religions can be.
As we all celebrate the birth of Jesus in various ways, one thing holds true.
Peace on Earth!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Steve
8)
Posted 12/24/2010 12:40PM #4
Hi Refet,

Thanks very much for the best wishes for what is to me and some others a Holy Day. While mostly lurking, I've seen your posts and in particular have been impressed by the links you provided to both your astro photos and pictures showing the advances the Arabs contributed to the sciences of astronomy and navigation. As a small return, I'll post links to some Choral pieces that get sung this time of the year in symphony halls or better yet, in churches. They are a bit different, all of them written within the last 70 years. All of them point to the Son of Man who came not only to save His people but also came to be a light to Gentiles like me (Isaiah 49:6). I've been in choirs that have sung these and over the years they have stuck with me. When I'm under the stars at this time of the year (as I was looking at M31, the double cluster, and the Great Nebula of Orion), these pieces ring in my mind, I can hear them again. Hopefully it will be so with you.

Here is a link to "Gloria" by John Rutter...

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=gloria+by+john+rutter

Here are two links that together give you "O Magnum Mysterium" by Daniel Pinkham

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=gloria+by+john+rutter

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TEGG9WXkA&feature=related

Finally, here is a link to "Gloria" by NMichael W. Smith

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=-926yhq_UGA

Merry Christmas.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."