Scorpion and Jupiter, August 07

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Hitchins Dead

Started by dmatulis, 12/16/2011 08:26AM
Posted 12/16/2011 08:26AM Opening Post
...Regardless of where his soul will find final rest, I bet he is not an atheist anymore!

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 12/16/2011 11:59AM #1
Doug Matulis said:

...Regardless of where his soul will find final rest, I bet he is not an atheist anymore!

This may be the first time I have agreed with you, but I suspect we agree with your statement for rather different reasons!
Posted 12/16/2011 01:10PM #2
Doug Matulis said:

how does the "soul" thing work ?
Posted 12/16/2011 01:32PM #3
The passing of any human being is always a sad thing, as there are others who no doubt called that person son, father, brother, and friend. Regardless of the deeds of his life, and which of those God may consider under the control of sin or not, those closest who knew and cherished him are hurting. For them may God ease their pain, and for his soul may God grant His grace and mercy.

A Prayer for the Unbelievers -
O God, the everlasting Creator of all things, remember that the souls of unbelievers were made by You and formed in Your own image and likeness. Remember that Jesus endured a most bitter death for their salvation. Forget their idolatry and unbelief, and grant that they too may some day know Christ, who is our Salvation, our Life and Resurrection, by whom we have been saved and delivered, to whom be glory for endless ages.
Amen.

Posted 12/20/2011 12:54PM #4
when you "jokingly" chides someone's death who doesnt share your religious bigotry, it ironically makes you a really crappy christian, and it makes me wonder why this forum is allowed to continually vomit hate.