Northern Cardinal

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Innocence of Muslims

Started by jameswilliamjohnson, 09/21/2012 12:26PM
Posted 09/21/2012 12:26PM Opening Post
Is there any real evidence that this is really a movie and not just a trailer? Can any of us make an anti-Islam video, post it to YouTube and get a reaction from the fanatics? I'm tempted to try it.

Jim J

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." - Thomas Sowell
Posted 09/21/2012 01:51PM #1
Jim Johnson said:

Is there any real evidence that this is really a movie and not just a trailer? Can any of us make an anti-Islam video, post it to YouTube and get a reaction from the fanatics? I'm tempted to try it.

Jim J

Hello Jim. You might be right in your suspicions. It may have been last week when I heard something over NPR to the effect that the trailer could have been all that there was. Who knows whether the Muslims understand that anyone anywhere could make some nasty and provocation film or other message denigrating their faith or prophet. Heck, I suppose goons at Al Qaeda could do this just to keep things boiling over there.

That being said, I would not do such a thing. Why provoke a reaction, especially one in which people get killed? To see and any of the insinuations in the trailer were true, I read a little about Mohammed on Wikipedia, a Catholic website on Islam, and a write-up on Islam and their prophet from an evangelical institute (S.I.M). All of them said pretty much the same things and n-o-n-e of them provided any basis for the nasty things in that film about Mohammed. The only thing all three of them said about his private life is that when he was young he married a woman of station who was about 15 years his senior and by all accounts their marriage was a good one. Bottom line, when one speaks, speak only the truth....

Best,

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."