Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

"Jesus On Trial" by David Limbaugh

Started by drachal, 02/17/2015 07:43PM
Posted 02/17/2015 07:43PM Opening Post
While reading this book, I came across a couple of passages that caught my eye, pertaining to the British author, Malcolm Muggeridge. Any of you who watched Firing Line with William F. Buckley might recall him being interviewed.

Apparently, Muggeridge who was at one time a skeptic, had written to Mother Teresa stating that he had no interest in Christianity because of all it's duplicity. She responded back, "Your problem is a finite one. God is infinite. Let the infinite take care of your finite struggle." Supposedly that resulted in his eventual conversion to Christianity.

The part about his problem being a finite one struck me as quite interesting. It seems that to view the world from a "finite perspective" is very limiting. If one has a sense/awareness of the infinite in just ordinary surrounding, an entirely new world opens up.

A quote by Muggeridge struck me as quite profound, "The depravity of man is at once the most empirically verifiable reality but at the same time the most intellectually resisted fact".

To me, nothing could be more obvious. Man today is essentially man of 5000, 2000, 1000, etc. years ago. cwy Anyone that thinks that mankind today is somehow more enlightened is sadly mistaken.

Darian R.
Posted 03/10/2015 04:28AM | Edited 03/10/2015 04:29AM #1
How nice it is to ascribe what we don't understand to the doings of invisible friends and enemies.